'22 AL QB Conner Harrell (UNC commit)

I am all in on Simpson but I think this is the kind of dynamic playmaker that turns UT into a legit contender! This guy makes plays with his legs and extends plays that seem to be going nowhere. Almost reminds me of Josh Dobbs with higher upside.

I am all in on Simpson but I think this is the kind of dynamic playmaker that turns UT into a legit contender! This guy makes plays with his legs and extends plays that seem to be going nowhere. Almost reminds me of Josh Dobbs with higher upside.
From what I’ve seen he’s a more polished passer already than when Dobbs came in but what Dobbs could do to save plays was beyond special. I wouldn’t put those expectations on him.

Reactions: BreatheUT
“Last Wednesday, coach Jeremy Pruitt, Brian Niedermeyer and [Director of Player Personnel] Danny Stiff all followed me,” Harrell remembered. “Before my game Friday, coach Stiff told me I needed to call coach Niedermeyer. He then confirmed that they were going to offer me. “I ended up calling coach Niedermeyer the next day and they offered.” A bit of an unknown at current standing, Harrell is raising eyebrows early in 2020. Harrell spent last season backing up Sawyer Pate, who is now at Auburn. “We haven’t been able to talk a whole lot as of right now, but they said they been watching me play every game this year,” Harrell said of Tennessee. “They said they like me.”
The first-year starting quarterback has led his team to a 4-0 record where the offense is scoring around 40 points a game. The Alabaster, Ala. native is 70-for-102 passing with 1,180 yards and 13 total touchdowns in the spread offense. Harrell can also make plays in the open field, having been clocked at 4.59 seconds in the 40-yard dash this summer. “I feel like I have the ability to get out of the pocket and throw on the run,” the prospect said. “I can run with the ball in my hands, but I can also sit back and pick a part a defense. As I continue to play, I’m putting an emphasis on reading defenses and recognizing coverages earlier.”
“I was extremely excited to get the offer. It really caught me off guard because I didn’t know it was coming,” Harrell reflected. “It was surreal. Just knowing you have your college paid for – I don’t even know how to explain it. It’s a great feeling. “Honestly, I don’t know a whole lot about Tennessee right now. I know the program had one of the best quarterbacks of all-time to come through [Peyton Manning].” Prior to the Vols interest, the 2022 prospect had only received texts from the recruiting coordinator at Virginia while Northwestern requested his transcripts be sent to the school. “I’ll be paying extra attention to the Vols this season, that’s for sure,” Harrell concluded.
-VQ

Just watched his film from his last two games. Funky throwing motion but gets the job done. Not great arm strength yet but has the tools. Seems like a backup plan for Ty Simpson but he's an interesting prospect especially since we are the first to offer

Just watched his film from his last two games. Funky throwing motion but gets the job done. Not great arm strength yet but has the tools. Seems like a backup plan for Ty Simpson but he's an interesting prospect especially since we are the first to offer

Phillip Rivers turned out alright

Just wondering why we are offering lower ranked QBs when there are at least 2 high ranked in state QBs, and other high ranked out of state that are possbilities.
This is his first year as a starter. Have you seen this kid play? Lots of raw talent and he's only going to get better. It doesn't hurt to be the first offer if the kid blows up. He's putting up monster numbers.

Reactions: BreatheUT
This is his first year as a starter. Have you seen this kid play? Lots of raw talent and he's only going to get better. It doesn't hurt to be the first offer if the kid blows up. He's putting up monster numbers.
Yep. Offers are just that. Offers. Only means you’re showing interest and giving them an opportunity

Just wondering why we are offering lower ranked QBs when there are at least 2 high ranked in state QBs, and other high ranked out of state that are possbilities.
bigger?
Evaluations and fit for the offensive system.

VN Store

Back