‘23 AL OT Vysen Lang (Tennessee commit)

He's big and strong and has good feet. Knows how to use his hands it seems. Could never play tackle in the SEC, but could play guard or center. Don't think he is fast enough to be a pulling guard though.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Said he’s gonna wait a while

He can’t wait. The Callahan CB is in. It’s announcement time.

57974258.jpg

Shortly after he was hired in May, Pike Road coach Ed Rigby entered the weight room to meet his new team and noticed one player, literally and figuratively, tower over the rest. Vysen Lang stood up and faced his teammates. "One voice, one voice," the 6-5, 330-pound offensive lineman boomed, clearing the way for Rigby to speak. The room fell dead silent. "That was my first impression: leadership," Rigby said. "He speaks, people listen."

..."Once he became interested, he just had this natural work ethic about it," Angela said. "... Growing up with his dad and granddad, that was an expectation. if you're going to do it, do it right."

Lang became a varsity starter midway through his eighth-grade season and started every game as a freshman. After that season, he got his first offer, from Georgia Tech. He's received almost 30 more since. When Lang became a starter, his only thought was "don't mess up." He wanted to impress his upperclassman teammates and prove himself to his coaches. Those worries are a thing of the past. Now, his goal isn't just to not mess up. It's to "play like a four-star. Play like Vysen Lang." "I just got more confidence," Lang said. "... I can’t just drive someone 2 yards. I've got to drive someone 10, 15 yards and pancake them."

How Vysen Lang went from 'lazy' middle schooler to Pike Road's leader

VN Store

Back