‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

I feel like they're going to take a step even further back this year. I know they have talent but replacing both coordinators, including one as good as Venables is no small task.

I have been saying this since they left… will be interesting over the next 2 - 3 seasons…

Clemson is tough to beat after a kid visits there. Really think we have an advantage here though. Our Oline recruiting should finish phenomenally this year though.

Man we get caught up in ratings and stars all that but I'd venture to say Ramil is way more valuable than Tate.
more valuable? not sure i'd go there, but in terms of what ultimately will matter to the success/failure of the team on the field, we absolutely have to get better on the O line--and we need more depth there too. and on the other side, it's the same on the DL as well. so from that perspective, i agree regarding position and strengthening the group.

and not that WR's are a dime a dozen, they're not. Alabama and Clemson and LSU have had WR's in recent seasons that are absolutely game changers and can affect outcomes on their own, so don't mis understand what i'm saying.

that said....this is a WR friendly offense, and i just don't worry all that much about losing 1 during recruiting. would i rather have Tate than some others? hell yes. does not getting him mean we won't still be awesome in the passing game? hell no. (especially if we get better up front, protect the QB and show we can run the ball in short yardage/physical match ups).

Reactions: TitanicVolz
more valuable? not sure i'd go there, but in terms of what ultimately will matter to the success/failure of the team on the field, we absolutely have to get better on the O line--and we need more depth there too. and on the other side, it's the same on the DL as well. so from that perspective, i agree regarding position and strengthening the group.

and not that WR's are a dime a dozen, they're not. Alabama and Clemson and LSU have had WR's in recent seasons that are absolutely game changers and can affect outcomes on their own, so don't mis understand what i'm saying.

that said....this is a WR friendly offense, and i just don't worry all that much about losing 1 during recruiting. would i rather have Tate than some others? hell yes. does not getting him mean we won't still be awesome in the passing game? hell no. (especially if we get better up front, protect the QB and show we can run the ball in short yardage/physical match ups).
Tate is a phenomenal recruit, no sour grapes at all here. Idk that there’s another WR that’s gives you what he does that we had a chance with. That said with the way this offense operates and the big plays it generates WRs like Benson, Seldon, and Mizell may be even more dangerous in this offense. There will be other “speed” WRs that will emerge as well this year.

A good tackle is much more valuable than a wide receiver.
That’s not the point.

A. Lineman and Tight Ends are the most difficult positions to project.

B. Having a 5* WR paired with a 5* QB is far more effective in recruiting than a good OT.

Hope we get this kid but he is not more important than Tate right now.

Man we get caught up in ratings and stars all that but I'd venture to say Ramil is way more valuable than Tate.

You know, Ramil can be a valuable addition regardless of Tate's value. It doesn't have be (and it isn't) an either/or situation. It's not like we could only take Ramil or Tate. We would certainly take both. It's weird that we always try and brush off a loss by saying someone isn't "as valuable" as another recruit we're trending for.

I agree with you BUT a great WR can totally change the dynamics of a game. See national title last year.
Actually i was gonna add the whole"if Jameson doesn't go down Bama probably doesn't lose"thats a good example.I also think guys like Tillman are just as valuable but not everyone is gonna show up and put that work in.

Im still in the realm a good defense cures all in the end.You gotta have offense but multiple high ranking Wrs in this offense especially isn't necessary just need guys to do their jobs effectively.

Last edited:
That’s not the point.

A. Lineman and Tight Ends are the most difficult positions to project.

B. Having a 5* WR paired with a 5* QB is far more effective in recruiting than a good OT.

Hope we get this kid but he is not more important than Tate right now.
If you can’t block for the quarterback to give the receiver time to get open it’s all for nothing. It all starts in the trenches then the skill players will come. A running back wants guys that can give him a whole. A quarterback needs a O-Line to give him time, without a good O-Line the offense is handcuffed by good sec defenses. All positions are important, we must be solid everywhere. GBO!

That’s odd. I haven’t heard Clemson was a big factor with him before this. Auburn thinks they are getting him
What's new. They got some new insiders who are just out of college and are only hearing stuff from Auburn's side, thus thinking they are in a good spot with everyone

Reactions: berryvol
If you can’t block for the quarterback to give the receiver time to get open it’s all for nothing. It all starts in the trenches then the skill players will come. A running back wants guys that can give him a whole. A quarterback needs a O-Line to give him time, without a good O-Line the offense is handcuffed by good sec defenses. All positions are important, we must be solid everywhere. GBO!
Exactly everything starts in that trench if them dudes can't hold up rbs ain't running and qb aint throwing.All them fancy wrs u signed ain't worth squat.

VN Store

Back