‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

The four-star Class of 2023 offensive tackle from Thompson High School in Alabaster, Ala., said Tennessee is “one of my top schools” following his visit Saturday for the Vols’ first major scrimmage of the spring. He said he was already high on them going into Saturday’s visit, and he’s now planning to make the trip to Knoxville again, perhaps next month or during the summer.

“I had a great time,” said Ramil, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 201 overall prospect and No. 19 offensive tackle in the 2023 class and the No. 14 junior from the state of Alabama.

“We got to see the scrimmage and just watch them go at it. The O-line is really good — great coaching going on — and had a really good time seeing the campus, as well. Really loved the campus. Thought it was beautiful and something I like, something that appeals to me.”

“I love the way their offense runs, and I think they’re going to be a great SEC team,” he said. “And I’d just love to have a chance to be a part of that, being recruited by them.”

Said he’s waiting until fall to decide. His dad was a DL at Bama. My guess is Bama if they offer.

Hopefully it works out better than Biscuits kid. Although I bet some of the students are missing that sweet kush.

Hopefully it works out better than Biscuits kid. Although I bet some of the students are missing that sweet kush.
He was a pretty damn good player for us…on the field.

VOLS AMONG TOP CONTENDERS FOR TOP247 OL

Another of Tennessee’s top offensive-line targets, four-star offensive tackle Stanton Ramil of Thompson High School in Alabaster, Ala., traveled to Knoxville last weekend for the first time after getting an offer from the Vols in late February. They made a strong first impression on him, by all accounts, and he’s already planning to make the trip to Knoxville again at some point.

Sources close to Ramil’s recruitment believe Tennessee is one of the top contenders for him among the more than 20 programs pursuing him, with Auburn being among the Vols' main competition. The major wild card worth watching might be Alabama, where his father played. The Crimson Tide have yet to extend an offer to him but are keeping a close eye on him, and it’s still possible that he could land an offer from them at some point. If they decide to join the race for him, they likely would become one of the top contenders for him, if not the team to beat. For now, though, Tennessee appears to be one of the teams in the best shape with Ramil coming off his trip to Knoxville last weekend.
-Callahan

Actually it looks like they purchased those jackets while on the visit. I'd venture to say that no staff in the country recruits families like this current staff. If he is a definite take, I'm calling Vols on this one.

I'd be willing to bet there wasn't so much as a drop of orange in that house until.this visit. Haha.

Vols in a good spot per AP

“Alabama hasn't offered Stanton Ramil at this point, so it's not surprising to see him leave the Crimson Tide out of his top eight for now. We'll see if he camps there at some point or if Alabama becomes more involved, but right now I think Tennessee has about as good of a chance as anyone he's considering. With that being said, he's apparently supposed to be back at Auburn on Wednesday — I believe that would be his sixth time visiting the Tigers in the past seven months or so, if he indeed makes the trip — and he visited Clemson last month, too, so I wouldn't rule out either of those teams in particular. But the Vols have done a nice job with him so far. It's worth noting that, when he visited Tennessee on May 28, he said his plan was to wait until sometime during the season to make a decision.”

-Callahan

VN Store

Back