'22 AL OLB TJ Dudley

We have 2 lb's committed. I feel we need 2 more because we are so thin at that position.

How many do we have an actual shot to sign besides Tolan? And he's nowhere near a lock.
Disagree, Willis and Mohan should be developed by this next year... that's 6 ILB. We have depth next year but we need game changers not depth.

Does this guy plan on signing early? I would assume not. We do have his teammate signed which he also tweeted about. We have spots open, might as well pursue.

Give me this guy and Caldwell to top off the HS class…save the remaining spots for transfers…I’m stoked with the class as is but we land these two and I might just pass out

Think the staff likes Lightsy better and will make a run for him.
I'm guessing they'll make a run at both. Dudley has a college ready physique right now. Lightsey, may have more long term upside in this particular defense, but will need a year or two in S&C. That's the hardest part about recruiting. Trying to project what a kid will be.

I'm guessing they'll make a run at both. Dudley has a college ready physique right now. Lightsey, may have more long term upside in this particular defense, but will need a year or two in S&C. That's the hardest part about recruiting. Trying to project what a kid will be.
You're right. Lightsey played in a better program against tougher competition though.

Beast! And would be a perfect fit scheme wise

Found this in the Lightsy thread..
@griddie Can you elaborate on why you think the staff likes this kid more than Dudley and will pursue?
I’m just going what the mods said on tos. That Dudley wasn’t a good fit scheme wise according to the coaches and that UT likes Lightsy better as a prospect. Also think we will hit the portal after the bowls and/or spring for a LB (or two depending who’s available). Expecting a lot of new entrees in waves during those times

The staff knows better than me, but his film looks like a good scheme fit to me. I believe he had about 6 picks this year, if you look at his film, he drops back in coverage well and has ball skills, tackles well, plays downhill and gets off blocks. For what it is that we do from my pov, this guy seems like a scheme fit. Maybe Lightsy is more of a fit, I haven't watched his film yet

Reactions: volnut1 and griddie
I’m not a coach (obviously) and I trust our staff to make the right eval but when I watch senior films of Dudley and lightsey I see two different levels of prospect…lightseys a nice prospect with good upside but Dudley is just on another level IMO….I’m hoping we can land him

Reactions: volnut1
I’m not a coach (obviously) and I trust our staff to make the right eval but when I watch senior films of Dudley and lightsey I see two different levels of prospect…lightseys a nice prospect with good upside but Dudley is just on another level IMO….I’m hoping we can land him
That’s exactly what a coach would say to throw us off the trail!

Listen I personally know nothing. UT may try to get both. I have no clue. I do think we go for a portal guy at some point if one comes available that we rally like. That’s just my opinion though
My apologies, I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. IMO, from my time here, you have an above average knowledge of recruiting especially North Carolina, so I tend to pay attention to your posts... ✌😎

Reactions: FïreBall
The staff knows better than me, but his film looks like a good scheme fit to me. I believe he had about 6 picks this year, if you look at his film, he drops back in coverage well and has ball skills, tackles well, plays downhill and gets off blocks. For what it is that we do from my pov, this guy seems like a scheme fit. Maybe Lightsy is more of a fit, I haven't watched his film yet
I wasn't picking on your previous post. What @griddie posted seemed relevant. Both guys look like quality recruits and I'll be happy with either one........ or both.. 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back