'21 AL OL Rod Orr (Free Shoes U commit)

Unless someone has access to the police report .... there appear to be at least 3 people ... in the room where it happened. ... "The police did not release names of those involved in the incident." That is plural and it seems to be both accurate and intentional. Alabama-Birmingham football player Allen Merrick dies after shooting | News Break
And the mother still did not know what happened as of the 20th ... ‘A big piece of me is gone’: Mom of UAB’s Allen Merrick seeks answers in son’s shooting death

So, I propose, we offer our heartfelt prayers for a mother who lost a son, a community that has lost a 19 year old boy. The length of the suffering for some, will extend for years. And while we are at it, ... throw in a few words for a nation in the midst of unrest and distress.

Unless someone has access to the police report .... there appear to be at least 3 people ... in the room where it happened. ... "The police did not release names of those involved in the incident." That is plural and it seems to be both accurate and intentional. Alabama-Birmingham football player Allen Merrick dies after shooting | News Break
And the mother still did not know what happened as of the 20th ... ‘A big piece of me is gone’: Mom of UAB’s Allen Merrick seeks answers in son’s shooting death

So, I propose, we offer our heartfelt prayers for a mother who lost a son, a community that has lost a 19 year old boy. The length of the suffering for some, will extend for years. And while we are at it, ... throw in a few words for a nation in the midst of unrest and distress.
'Nuff said. Amen.

No thanks. Damaged goods, and not being mean here. Best of luck young man, but killing another is unacceptable. Regardless how it unfolded. Jmo
A coworker's son and a friend found a 22 rifle while messing around. Soon, the gun went off and the son's ear was pierced by the bullet. Nobody got in law trouble (nor should they have). The dad shortly after sat his son down for a "lessons learned" discussion. The son told his dad " Daddy, I damn near got shot in the head!! I think I learned a lesson.". End of discussion.

My dad had some birdshot pellets in his shoulder where his brother accidentally shot him while hunting. His x Ray's made for an interesting conversation piece 75 years later..

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Have a friend from high school that accidently shot her best friend in the head. Her mom was dating a cop who earlier in the day had his pistol out (unloaded) and was letting the girls handle it. He later reloaded it and stupidly left it laying on the counter. My friend, thinking it still unloaded, picked it up, pointed at her friend as a joke and pulled the trigger. It was a TERRIBLE accident, her best friend died and she lives with it every day of her life.

She's a good person. She's NOT a criminal. Her daughters and mine were friends in elementary school and she watched my children a few times when they were little. She just made a terrible mistake as a kid that forever changed her life and the lives of others.

Have a friend from high school that accidently shot her best friend in the head. Her mom was dating a cop who earlier in the day had his pistol out (unloaded) and was letting the girls handle it. He later reloaded it and stupidly left it laying on the counter. My friend, thinking it still unloaded, picked it up, pointed at her friend as a joke and pulled the trigger. It was a TERRIBLE accident, her best friend died and she lives with it every day of her life.

She's a good person. She's NOT a criminal. Her daughters and mine were friends in elementary school and she watched my children a few times when they were little. She just made a terrible mistake as a kid that forever changed her life and the lives of others.
I think there's a lotta luck in surviving adolescence

Life can change in a instant. The horrible sad part, she’ll have to live with a mistake for the rest of her life. No one here can claim to know what happened with the shooting, that took that young man’s life. Regardless what happened, whether Orr pulled the trigger or just a witness to it, it will change that young man’s life and it’s sad all around.

VN Store

Back