'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

I don’t get why we wouldn’t take two guards with the McBride news
I'm not saying whether they will or won't, or whether they should. But here are the numbers I see on the roster to explain why Melvin retiring possibly wouldn't affect their plan this class. They've taken 9 OL in the last 2 classes plus one transfer. The lowest rated one from each class is now retired. So net 7. We also are in better position to redshirt OL now. Here is what we should have on the roster after this season, not counting whoever we sign in this class. 13 returning scholarship OL in 2020. Brandon Kennedy is the only senior/rs senior currently on the roster. If we take 4 OL in this class we will have 9 freshman/sophomore OL in 2020 and up to 17 total potentially. I don't really see any of the draft eligible guys being able to leave early other than Trey at this point so 16 conservatively if Trey declares or never makes it back. Which is within what I think Pruitt said is the number he'd like on the roster right? And will be set up well for the future with potentially 3 good OL classes in a row. In before OMG we need to take 12 OL in this class. Personally I would like 5 this class if the numbers can be worked out, but that could be tough to squeeze in.

Sophomores in '20
Wanya
Wright
Lampley (potential redshirt freshman)
Akporoghene (potential redshirt freshman)
Ollie Lane (will be a redshirt sophomore)

Juniors '20
Carvin
Calbert (will be a redshirt junior)

Seniors '20
Locklear
Trey (who knows)
Niehaus (will be a redshirt senior)
JJ (will be a redshirt senior)
Tatum (will be a redshirt senior)
Ryan Johnson (will be a redshirt senior)

I'm not saying whether they will or won't, or whether they should. But here are the numbers I see on the roster to explain why Melvin retiring possibly wouldn't affect their plan this class. They've taken 9 OL in the last 2 classes plus one transfer. The lowest rated one from each class is now retired. So net 7. We also are in better position to redshirt OL now. Here is what we should have on the roster after this season, not counting whoever we sign in this class. 13 returning scholarship OL in 2020. Brandon Kennedy is the only senior/rs senior currently on the roster. If we take 4 OL in this class we will have 9 freshman/sophomore OL in 2020 and up to 17 total potentially. I don't really see any of the draft eligible guys being able to leave early other than Trey at this point so 16 conservatively if Trey declares or never makes it back. Which is within what I think Pruitt said is the number he'd like on the roster right? And will be set up well for the future with potentially 3 good OL classes in a row. In before OMG we need to take 12 OL in this class. Personally I would like 5 this class if the numbers can be worked out, but that could be tough to squeeze in.

Sophomores in '20
Wanya
Wright

Juniors '20
Carvin

Seniors '20
Locklear
Trey (who knows)
good stuff. i think we probably have to take at least 4 total OL this cycle, if not a 5th, if numbers work out that way. i wouldn't be shocked if they took Robinson and Leonard. and if a dummervile type can be added, i'd think they add him too. jmo.

and you know Morris is a take too....

good stuff. i think we probably have to take at least 4 total OL this cycle, if not a 5th, if numbers work out that way. i wouldn't be shocked if they took Robinson and Leonard. and if a dummervile type can be added, i'd think they add him too. jmo.

and you know Morris is a take too....
Just don't know if there's room for that many in this class. Definitely 4 but may be hard to fit more. Especially if we have less than 25 spots. Which is possible. I would be very happy if we landed spraggins, mays, Morris and one of the other 3 you mentioned.

Just don't know if there's room for that many in this class. Definitely 4 but may be hard to fit more. Especially if we have less than 25 spots. Which is possible. I would be very happy if we landed spraggins, mays, Morris and one of the other 3 you mentioned.
yeah, it's gonna be interesting. can't see them taking less than 4 regrdless. i think if they could get Dummerville and Morris, they'd call it a day.

neither of them, i think, are planning to commit any time soon....the other two, i think are....may get our answer by default...lol. but no way they don't take morris if he wants in.

Sophomores in '20
Wanya
Wright

Juniors '20
Carvin

Seniors '20
Locklear
Trey (who knows)

Any chance Kennedy could apply for and get a medical redshirt 6th year...he certainly would seem to have a case for it

I know a way to make room for a 5th...drop the long snapper from the commit list...I still can’t believe we’re wasting a spot on a position that can easily be filled through the walk on ranks

I know a way to make room for a 5th...drop the long snapper from the commit list...I still can’t believe we’re wasting a spot on a position that can easily be filled through the walk on ranks
I'll take things that people who haven't seen the issues not having a long snapper can cause for $1,000, Alex

VN Store

Back