'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

Pruitt was neck deep in Alabama before we got him and still is. James is solid and enjoying the process. It only happens once and it’s over. Forever. Some kids are smart enough to recognize this. Relax and let him enjoy the time of his life.

Just to add to your point, I believe Tee is also helping recruit Alabama kids as well.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
Pruitt was neck deep in Alabama before we got him and still is. James is solid and enjoying the process. It only happens once and it’s over. Forever. Some kids are smart enough to recognize this. Relax and let him enjoy the time of his life.
If he wants to "enjoy the process" then why commit at all? He's saving a spot and wanting more offers. I couldn't care less if he signed with us.

Is this what his cousin that you ran into at gas station in Alabama?

Is this what his cousin that you ran into at gas station in Alabama?
Wasn’t a gas station. His cousin was a temp worker at my plant a few days. No, his cousin said he really wants to be a Vol and was struggling a bit with AU but in his opinion UT was the solid front runner.

If he wants to "enjoy the process" then why commit at all? He's saving a spot and wanting more offers. I couldn't care less if he signed with us.

THIS x10. Kid hasn't received the other big offers yet and is using UT as a placeholder while he continues to vet out the process. You're either ready or you aren't. He knows he's a 3 star so he can't wait until scholarships are scarce.

Reactions: I_Bleed_Orange77
If only the staff understood how tenuous his commitment was and chose to refuse it instead, thus ensuring he went somewhere else.

Except they want him, apparently understand that recruiting is a marathon, and apparently feel that we stand a better chance of keeping him by accepting his commitment. Odd, I know.

That's fine, but dont come back with outrage if he continues visiting other places and gets cut loose.

That's fine, but dont come back with outrage if he continues visiting other places and gets cut loose.
Nope. That’s what most all recruits nowadays. What kid is going to pass up red carpet treatment, steak dinner at a premium restaurant, and a really nice hotel, all expenses paid?

Nope. That’s what most all recruits nowadays. What kid is going to pass up red carpet treatment, steak dinner at a premium restaurant, and a really nice hotel, all expenses paid?
I agree on that. He should go and enjoy it. It is once in a lifetime experience. But I do feel commitment should mean commitment. Unfortunately in America today we are not real good with what a commitment means in a whole lot of areas of life.

I agree on that. He should go and enjoy it. It is once in a lifetime experience. But I do feel commitment should mean commitment. Unfortunately in America today we are not real good with what a commitment means in a whole lot of areas of life.

Agreed, if you want to take visits, take them. Then commit, otherwise it's not a commitment. It's just I like you the most right now.

THIS x10. Kid hasn't received the other big offers yet and is using UT as a placeholder while he continues to vet out the process. You're either ready or you aren't. He knows he's a 3 star so he can't wait until scholarships are scarce.

Auburn and Texas A'M would fall in the big offers category. He really should be a high 3* or low 4* right now.

No such thing as a saved spot just because a player commits. Committed players get recruited over and told to look around regularly. I see no problem with a kid committing, then still taking all 5 visits. They only get to do this once and should take advantage of the experience. I guarantee no Vol Fan has any issue with a player committed to a rival or other school taking an OV here. I would much rather a recruit decommitt if he's more comfortable or a better fit somewhere else than getting on campus then deciding to transfer. We very easily could find a better fit later in the recruiting process and recruit over him or someone else. Unfortunately it's a common recruiting practice in this era of recruiting. With the new recruiting restrictions Coach's can't take as many chances or be wrong on too many of their evaluations. Recruiting has gotten even more cutthroat and both sides are putting themselves first.

No such thing as a saved spot just because a player commits. Committed players get recruited over and told to look around regularly. I see no problem with a kid committing, then still taking all 5 visits. They only get to do this once and should take advantage of the experience. I guarantee no Vol Fan has any issue with a player committed to a rival or other school taking an OV here. I would much rather a recruit decommitt if he's more comfortable or a better fit somewhere else than getting on campus then deciding to transfer. We very easily could find a better fit later in the recruiting process and recruit over him or someone else. Unfortunately it's a common recruiting practice in this era of recruiting. With the new recruiting restrictions Coach's can't take as many chances or be wrong on too many of their evaluations. Recruiting has gotten even more cutthroat and both sides are putting themselves first.
I'd agree with most of this but going to add
The difference is coaches get demonized while the recruits get defended.

And add some value back to the English language. "I'm committed but going to take my visits", okay.

But I've been seeing "I'm committed to____, recruitment is still wide open though and I'll make a decision before season"

Haha, I don't what those players actually just did, but it was under no circumstances "commit" to anything. 😄😄😄

VN Store

Back