'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

I'll take things that people who haven't seen the issues not having a long snapper can cause for $1,000, Alex

Look at our current situation...our scholarship longsnapper is riding the pine after getting beat out by...you guessed it...a walk on...

I’m all for a walk on earning a freed up scholarship...but I’ll take Robinson and Leonard over one or the other and Alibright all day

Reactions: VolAroundTheWorld
Look at our current situation...our scholarship longsnapper is riding the pine after getting beat out by...you guessed it...a walk on...

I’m all for a walk on earning a freed up scholarship...but I’ll take Robinson and Leonard over one or the other and Alibright all day
I thought lovingood was on scholarship from the get go and played a huge role in us beating UGA in 2016.

I know a way to make room for a 5th...drop the long snapper from the commit list...I still can’t believe we’re wasting a spot on a position that can easily be filled through the walk on ranks

Here's why:

giphy.gif

what-is-ryan-allen-doing-on-this-patriots-punt.gif

V3SMLOZ.gif

NippyHarshGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I know a way to make room for a 5th...drop the long snapper from the commit list...I still can’t believe we’re wasting a spot on a position that can easily be filled through the walk on ranks
Until Oklahoma signs your walk-on and it’s brought up as a recruiting flub.

A lot of kids in the first page of this forum will be committing somewhere in the next month or so. We will either know a lot more about this class, or see a lot of new names on the first page.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I'd love to see us take another OG and let Robinson keep waiting for that committable offer from Auburn.

This reminds me. I saw a tweet from Cole Cubelic that had Auburn’s Marquel Harrell as top 5 returning OG in SEC. instantly made me angry at ole Butch who would not take him. Kid was dying to go to TN with all the berry bros

Reactions: LA Vol
This reminds me. I saw a tweet from Cole Cubelic that had Auburn’s Marquel Harrell as top 5 returning OG in SEC. instantly made me angry at ole Butch who would not take him. Kid was dying to go to TN with all the berry bros

Had he come here he likely would’ve mecically retired by now.

I'd love to see us take another OG and let Robinson keep waiting for that committable offer from Auburn.

Being 💯 here, are we sure he has a commitable offer here?

I think like people suspected, it might’ve been first come first serve between him and RL. And If that is the case it would make sense RL has set a public announcement date but privately has told the staff he’s in.

bailey recently said in an IG story we had I think 5 silents. That was before KL and TH popped. I could see the remaining 3 be Hardy, Baron , and RL.

I don’t think RL would risk his spot because he wants to hold his announcement for a certain date.

There's a reason Morgan Cox, former Vol, has been in the NFL for a decade yet you never hear about him. He's really, really good at being a long snapper, and the Ravens have kept him under contract the whole time.

This is a perfect, perfect, perfect example...and exactly why I feel the way I do about this topic..

Morgan Cox was a walk on that was eventually put on scholarship after he earned it

This is a perfect, perfect, perfect example...and exactly why I feel the way I do about this topic..

Morgan Cox was a walk on that was eventually put on scholarship after he earned it
And moved on to the pro's as well with the Ravens I believe. GBO!

Looks like even the great Nicholas Saban signs LS's from time to time. Weird. And yes, he was offered by Alabama in 2012 and signed in 2013 so not a walkon who earned it later.

1562009233425.png

Then there was Thomas Fletcher in 2017 who Saban offered to succeed Mazza. Here's a good article on him.

No Detail’s Too Small for Alabama: It Landed the Top Long Snapper, Too

1562009560064.png

I guess our current commit has already earned the scholarship in our coaches eyes.

Fair enough...and I always find myself getting into these roster spot/scholarship number discussions when I know good and well that the numbers always work themselves out

Reactions: Sleegro
Fair enough...and I always find myself getting into these roster spot/scholarship number discussions when I know good and well that the numbers always work themselves out
Well you motivated me to learn more about Alabama's long snappers than I ever wanted to know so I could properly defend our commit. So Thanks. I guess. hahahahahahaha

VN Store

Back