'20 AL OL James Robinson (UT SIGNEE)

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
@JLeeAURivals
James Robinson took an official visit to Tennessee in June and plans to continue taking visits in the fall.
Robinson, an offensive guard/center from Carver in Montgomery, only has to figure out which schools he’ll visit. As of now, he’s sure of only one.

“I have four more, but I don’t know exactly where I’m going to take them, yet,” Robinson said. “I only know that Auburn will definitely be one.”

Robinson visited Auburn twice in the past few months, including a camp in June. He’s developed a strong bond with Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes, which is a big reason he’s locked in on revisiting Auburn.

“I talk to Coach Grimes a lot,” Robinson said. “I actually talked to him (Thursday). He was just checking on me, seeing how I was doing. I like Coach Grimes. He’s a good dude.”

Robinson in May listed Auburn his No. 1 school. In June, it was Tennessee. Now, he’s open and considering all offers, including ones from Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Missouri and Illinois.

“I don’t have any leaders right now,” Robinson said. “Everybody is pretty much the same.”

Robinson, however, plans to narrow his focus soon. He would like to make a commitment in the coming months.

“I’m getting close,” Robinson said. “I will probably do it after the summer, maybe early in the season.”

Reactions: volnut1
Committing Thursday
I haven’t seen that anywhere, but if true, it makes you wonder if Auburn’s recent commitment has something to do with this. He is either feeling the pressure of spots running out and committing to Auburn, or he just lost his spot to Jeremiah Wright and is committing to the good guys.

Reactions: LA Vol
I haven’t seen that anywhere, but if true, it makes you wonder if Auburn’s recent commitment has something to do with this. He is either feeling the pressure of spots running out and committing to Auburn, or he just lost his spot to Jeremiah Wright and is committing to the good guys.

We’ll know if the CBs change. Still 100% Vol rn

This. Wright took Auburn's last OL spot. He wasn't going to commit until after the season, but he committed at their recruiting picnic. Left out at Bama and Auburn, Robinson is looking to lock up a spot.

At 6'4 and 315lbs, and with a pretty decent offer list, it seems he might be rated a little higher than .8366. Who knows...maybe he didn't camp much, didn't give a lot of interviews, or maybe has grade issues.

I don't know the issue, but the kid seems to be a bit undervalued at the moment.

At 6'4 and 315lbs, and with a pretty decent offer list, it seems he might be rated a little higher than .8366. Who knows...maybe he didn't camp much, didn't give a lot of interviews, or maybe has grade issues.

I don't know the issue, but the kid seems to be a bit undervalued at the moment.

Absolutely!!! Definitely want. Gladly take his 3* over Darin Turner 4* (I know different positions but still fake news Rivals/247)

VQ says our coaching staff love him and that he’s a huge priority for us. 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back