'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

I don't think that is correct. Average arm length for someone 6'6" is 38-40 inches. If it's correct, he has very short arms for his size.
Arm length is literally measured at the NFL combine every year. Not sure why people are just guessing at it right now.

2019 NFL Combine Results - Historical NFL Scouting Combine Data

Here is the top 15 overall (top 3 OL) longest arms at the last NFL combine. Sorted by longest to shortest arms. 35 inches would've been 6th longest this past year. /debate

1576211002978.png

I don't think that is correct. Average arm length for someone 6'6" is 38-40 inches. If it's correct, he has very short arms for his size.

The arm length you're referencing is from wrist to neck, a "tailor" measurement. The arm length the NFL & football measures is tip of the finger to arm pit.

Arm length is literally measured at the NFL combine every year. Not sure why people are just guessing at it right now.

2019 NFL Combine Results - Historical NFL Scouting Combine Data

Here is the top 15 overall (top 3 OL) longest arms at the last NFL combine. Sorted by longest to shortest arms. 35 inches would've been 6th longest this past year. /debate

View attachment 245248
He's a 3 star...if he was a 5 star there would be completely different replies. Too many star gazers in this thread.

Considering he's also still got a good 3-5 years worth of potential growing to do 35" as a HS senior is amazing. Hopefully he can be a Montez Sweat type body after some time with Fitz, no clue he'll be that fast though, but it'd be amazing if he was!

I would think he would be a take. Why else make the comment that in two years people will be wondering how he got out of Alabama if you don’t think he has a really high ceiling

He's absolutely a take, and he may well be our next commitment.

The old saying 'ya can't teach size' really needs to be thought about when looking at this year's class of OL/DL prospects. I have little doubt after seeing the growth from last year to this year and in season that the OL coaches we have can develop talent.

And look at what Rocker did with that DL this year, they got better and better as the year wore on. I'll take the biggest 3/4 star guys you can find and trust our coaches to turn them into NFL talents.

The arm length you're referencing is from wrist to neck, a "tailor" measurement. The arm length the NFL & football measures is tip of the finger to arm pit.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I always get 35-36" shirt sleeves, and my arms aren't especially long. Figured there was some difference in the measurement, but didn't know what it was.

I think some get confused between arm length and sleeve size.Arm size is from tip of finger to armpit.

With you bumping this, I saw a post by The Breakerboy. What ever happened to that guy?

Said he moved to Nashville to do training and implied we were accusing him of undermining Tennessee recruiting. I didn't really get it. Some here seem to like the guy. Some beat on him like they do everybody else. We'll prolly get a visit now and then.

VN Store

Back