'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

Foot work can be improved on some. It's like having natural born speed you can improve it some with sc but for the most part you are born with it. Lots of big strong kids playing hs ball but very few with the latteral quickness ( feet) to play in the sec.

Should be recruiting this guy...

giphy.gif

Reactions: tn4elvis
He camped at UT a while back. Low-key recruit. The coaches took him over Ox, so he's not a fallback. If numbers weren't tight, we probably would've taken them both and used them in different ways. But... too many other needs.

Agreed.

Some people don’t get that some kids don’t like all the drama and hoopla that’s associated with Recruiting.

Oh and the Coaches have liked this kid since camp.

Would we have taken his commitment at any point after camp?

That’s the key question regarding how much we “love” this kid

Well, ideally you want to see how the kid progresses through his senior year. That’s why you see some kids get offers and then they tend to fade away and recruiting services drop them as well.

With Perry, he hasn’t had a lot of experience playing football, but he has ALL the measurables that you look for on BOTH sides of the ball. It’s truly a long evaluation period.

Cmon Bruin, you know how this goes. If the kid was a 4-5 star stud and all of a sudden he has a terrible senior year and gets dropped in the rankings and the home state doesn’t recruit or backs off then it’s a different story.

In SOME cases, it’s the opposite. A kid blossoms his senior year and really likes the one of the first big time offers he gets and likes what the coaches are telling him and kinda doesn’t pay attention to other schools recruiting him or doesn’t camp a lot, then he’s labeled a “back up” plan by some fans.

We have some of the best coaches in the industry, I tend to believe they know talent when they see it.

So, this staff has wanted and recruited him for a while now.

Well, ideally you want to see how the kid progresses through his senior year. That’s why you see some kids get offers and then they tend to fade away and recruiting services drop them as well.

With Perry, he hasn’t had a lot of experience playing football, but he has ALL the measurables that you look for on BOTH sides of the ball. It’s truly a long evaluation period.

Cmon Bruin, you know how this goes. If the kid was a 4-5 star stud and all of a sudden he has a terrible senior year and gets dropped in the rankings and the home state doesn’t recruit or backs off then it’s a different story.

In SOME cases, it’s the opposite. A kid blossoms his senior year and really likes the one of the first big time offers he gets and likes what the coaches are telling him and kinda doesn’t pay attention to other schools recruiting him or doesn’t camp a lot, then he’s labeled a “back up” plan by some fans.

We have some of the best coaches in the industry, I tend to believe they know talent when they see it.

So, this staff has wanted and recruited him for a while now.

I think it’s fair to say this kid wasn’t a top tier recruit and that’s ok.

The question Here is was he a plan b/second tier guy or worse.

I’d like to know how far down the “love him”
Wish list he really is.

Wish list he really is.

If we picked him over Ox that should tell you all you need to know.

Wish list he really is.

I’ll say this, he had a spot regardless. He impressed during camp, he’s very versatile on both sides.

There are certain kids you just want, and we want this kid.
GBO

I’ll say this, he had a spot regardless. He impressed during camp, he’s very versatile on both sides.

There are certain kids you just want, and we want this kid.
GBO

If he had a spot regardless then I buy the we “love him “ talk

That’s why I ask if he was a guy we would have taken all along. I have my doubts

I read somewhere that Perry added about 40 pounds and became more explosive between his Junior and Senior year in HS. So .. it makes since that if the coaches liked him after summer camp then they liked him even more after watching his senior film. So he moved up UT's board even more.

Either BTO or Thunder Good Oil said he will enroll right after Christmas
Yes. Assuming he passes the SAT, he will enroll and practice with the team after Christmas, but cannot officially play until classes start for the Spring semester, which is January 8th, I believe. We play at Mizzou on the 7th, so his first game eligible will be at home vs USCe.

Wish list he really is.

If we picked him over Ox that should tell you all you need to know.

VOL

The staff REALLY likes this. He’ll play a lot as a freshman (barring injury).

His feet is what has coaches drooling. Super quick feet for a man his size and he’s not even grown yet.

Teams will regret overlooking this kid. Outstanding find by this staff. BRAVO!!!

One of my Top 3 favorite recruits this cycle
Gucci thinks he sucks

Where on earth you seeing they ever offered him ??

You misunderstood. I'm saying none of the guys we recruit are lower tier. There are 5-7 teams in the country who are recruiting at a level that nobody else is.

To every school other than them, all of our guys are potential takes...and quite a few of our commits are takes even for those 5-7 programs.

VN Store

Back