'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

RC's reply in the Wiltfong article when someone asks if he is a take right now for TN:

"...Could be, it's very possible, depends upon maybe..."

Actually, RC's replies are "It looks like there’s a good chance he will be a take in the end. " And "Probably high enough for Tennessee to take him. We’ll see what happens down the stretch, though. Things always could change. "

Reactions: EdEcEko77
The people who complain that RC isn't giving them an absolute answer as to whether he's a take or not will be the same people who complain if he gives a concrete answer and then something changes and he's wrong.

I like to joke about how cautious he is with his words, in his defense he's not talking to the coaches everyday - but he certainly has some trusted sources. I do like his articles.

I like to joke about how cautious he is with his words, in his defense he's not talking to the coaches everyday - but he certainly has some trusted sources. I do like his articles.

Totally fair, not calling out anyone in particular. And you're right, he's extremely cautious but I kind of like it because that means it means more when he makes a CB. We all consider that to be the "lock" sign.

Reactions: BigorangeBoy
Price in the VQ podcast today said the staff really likes him. He’s put on some size and gained explosiveness this past year.

Inferred that someone told him in about two years people would be asking how the heck this kid got out of Alabama.

I sincerely hope this kid ends up in the class.

The kid played at 250-ish his junior year. He hasn't been evaluated by Rivals since June of '19. Hasn't been evaluated by 247 since April of '19. Hence his rating.

He's gained over 40lbs and had a very good senior season. Staff supposedly really likes him as well.

Let this kid be Hardy's replacement and call me a homer but I bet Rocker has him drafted higher than Hardy in 3-4 years.

Fairfield, Alabama defensive lineman
Reginald Perry has been on Tennessee's radar since he camped in Knoxville this past summer.
"They have opportunity there and they say that I can come in and earn playing time," Perry said. "They think I can have an impact on the team. They think I can be an inside threat at tackle and nose."

Perry weighed around 250 one year ago, but now is up to 301 as he has spent a ton of time building his body to fit the college game.

"I've worked hard in the weight room," Perry said. "I've trained hard and I've see my game get better. I'm more explosive more now with my hips and stronger overall. I can get off blocks and make tackles."
Perry has enjoyed getting to know the entire staff, but has really enjoyed getting to know linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer who recruits his area of Alabama.

""He's a funny guy," Perry said. "He likes to crack jokes and over the weekend we played pool together. He beat me 2 to 1. He wasn't bragging to much about it."

Throw in head coach Jeremy Pruitt and the Vols have done a nice job of recruiting him.
"I like him a lot," Perry said. "He's a nice guy and he makes sure that school comes first. He is on you about everything to make sure you succeed. He tells me that he likes my energy and how explosive I am. He likes how versatile I am."

UAB and Georgia Tech are also heavily in the mix for Perry with Tennessee in a good spot leading into his decision on December 18th.
"The coaching staff and how they love you and treat you," Perry said. "I want a place that is going to take me in as their own son."
-VQ

He is a take for sure. You start him out on DL then if you need to move him to OL you do. Either way to big and long of an athlete not to take.

Up to 6’6” 300, i think he’s less likely to redshirt than other dlinemen we have coming in, if he comes here.
Much more likely than Simmons this season who did. I’m of the opinion that even Hardy would’ve redshirted with the depth in front of him.

Reactions: FïreBall and T Dog

VN Store

Back