'20 AL OL/DL Reginald Perry (Portal)

absolutely.
Let's say we finish with
Thomas, Baron, Whitehead, Kaho, Beckwith, Ox, Small. That's 249.22, 14th right now, wouldn't end up top 15. Not saying that's our finish, I'm just kind of guessing based on recent comments. We may need Jabari Small to 100% lock down Omari. A lot of stuff will happen the next few weeks and it will be interesting to see it unfold.
That class would be
12 four stars
12 three stars
1 two star.

Last edited:
Let's say we finish with
Thomas, Baron, Whitehead, Kaho, Beckwith, Ox, Small. That's 249.22, 14th right now, wouldn't end up top 15. Not saying that's our finish, I'm just kind of guessing based on recent comments. We may need Jabari Small to 100% lock down Omari. A lot of stuff will happen the next few weeks and it will be interesting to see it unfold.
That class would be
12 four stars
12 three stars
1 two star.
I'm curious as to how you decide if a class is a disappointment or not. Is it based on the number of stars or points? The number they finish? How they rank in the SEC? Having all positions covered? Having enough at a particular position of need? Are there any commitments we have now that you wish we didn't? Or is it getting enough at the end, like getting HT last year, so you're not disappointed at the finish?

I'm not really looking at it like that this year. We need to finish with the best available players, cover our needs, fill gaps, sign our top commits and add big playmakers at RB and WR. Some things we needed to go our way haven't and in-state recruiting was a wild card. We just need to finish as strong as we can and adjust our strategy to bring in a top class next year.
Hmmm. Appreciate the info you bring man

What we have currently, DL wise, is a 3 deep crew that feeds off of each other. Emerson was on bust watch at the end of the last and before the current season and now he’s a mainstay. Middleton was a potential reach...now a mainstay. Solomon a potential overrated disappointment...and so on. Remember when Garland was in the portal and few if any cared? Development and buying into the system. These coaches land the raw potential and it turns into the next man up after a year under Fitz and Rocker. We want the best talent possible of course, but if they don’t buy in, we’ll get the next decimal point down and turn them into that player when they’re needed. We can groan and fret and lament ourselves into the fetal position...our coaches don’t have that kind of time.

No...I meant are their situations what is causing the staff to turn up the volume on this guys recruitment? I thought that is what your post implied, you didn't say that about them specifically, but they are the main DL guys we are after...so if 2+a =4 🤔 then "a" has to be...

Oh, got it-- yes, I think the fluidity of their recruitment prompted the staff to explore options. But Perry looks to be a good player and he may want in this w/e. If they decide he's a take, he commits, then Baron and Big O hop in, it's hard to see the coaches cutting any of those three loose. This is where recruiting gets tricky. Kaho/Tisdol is a similar situation. We wanted Tisdol, he kept waiting, the staff pushed for Kaho-- and now Tisdol's visiting this w/e and Kaho can't make it in. It'll be an interesting w/e.

What we have currently, DL wise, is a 3 deep crew that feeds off of each other. Emerson was on bust watch at the end of the last and before the current season and now he’s a mainstay. Middleton was a potential reach...now a mainstay. Solomon a potential overrated disappointment...and so on. Remember when Garland was in the portal and few if any cared? Development and buying into the system. These coaches land the raw potential and it turns into the next man up after a year under Fitz and Rocker. We want the best talent possible of course, but if they don’t buy in, we’ll get the next decimal point down and turn them into that player when they’re needed. We can groan and fret and lament ourselves into the fetal position...our coaches don’t have that kind of time.
Beautiful, Butchna. I don't understand why others can't see this. Habit?

I'm not really looking at it like that this year. We need to finish with the best available players, cover our needs, fill gaps, sign our top commits and add big playmakers at RB and WR. Some things we needed to go our way haven't and in-state recruiting was a wild card. We just need to finish as strong as we can and adjust our strategy to bring in a top class next year.
"Next year is our year!"

I’m not sure who LA Vol is, it’s worth mentioning though that this is a top 3 poster and he is active.. whoever you are we are all slowing down when we see your posts.. much thanks @LA Vol

LA Vol is one of the few posters who actually have REAL INSIDE Info

You know I agree about our DL situation, but you have to agree it would be really great to nab a Derrick Brown every once in awhile.

So.. in round about terms this staff under performed in recruiting this cycle.?

VN Store

Back