‘23 AL OG Ryqueze McElderry (Alabama commit)

D8Ne0FfXoAAg-v2.png

McElderry stood out among the participants in attendance. He measured in at 6'4", 340lbs, and was stellar on the field. He took home an invite to the Under Armour Game thanks to his performance. The Georgia commitment will visit Tennessee on March 26th as the Vols are prioritizing him despite his commitment to Georgia. He likes what he is hearing from Josh Heupel and Glen Elarbee and is looking to learn more during his visit.
- Matt Ray

From 247:

RyQueze McElderry, 3-star IOL, Anniston (Ala.) -- Georgia commit

The Georgia pledge is still firm with the Bulldogs, but Matt Luke’s exit certainly is giving him something to think about. Alabama and Tennessee are two other schools on UGA’s heels, and are keeping things interesting. McElderry will be at Bama this upcoming weekend (March 5). He’ll be at UGA in mid-March before going over to Tennessee on March 26.

One of Tennessee’s assistant coaches was in Alabama on Wednesday to check on a Georgia commitment who visited the Vols earlier this spring. Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee stopped at Anniston (Ala.) High School, the home of Bulldogs offensive line commitment RyQueze McElderry, according to a post on the school’s official football Twitter account.

“Thanks To @Gelarbee Of @Vol_Football For Stopping By The Dawg Pound!!” the Bulldogs tweeted.

The 6-foot-3, 340-pound McElderry received a scholarship offer from Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff a little more than a year ago. He now holds offers from at least 15 schools, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Penn State and South Carolina in addition to Georgia.

McElderry has been committed to the Bulldogs since Nov. 30, but he hasn’t stopped exploring some of his other options. He visited Tennessee on March 26 to attend its first spring practice in pads after continuing to hear from the Vols in recent months.

He’s ranked the No. 495 overall prospect and No. 32 interior offensive lineman in the 2023 class and the No. 27 junior from the state of Alabama, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He’s also rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports, where he’s ranked the No. 38 interior offensive lineman in the 2023 class.

In early March, McElderry told 247Sports’ Kipp Adams that he was communicating with coaches at other schools just in case he needed to go to another school at some point.

"I am just weighing my options and keeping my recruiting open because anything can happen," McElderry said at the time. "Even though I am still tied down with Georgia, anything can happen, and in the end, I am going to make the best decision for me."

He told 247Sports’ Keith Niebuhr in March that “Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn” were the schools pushing Georgia the most. McElderry said at the time that he was “locked in pretty good” with the Bulldogs, although he visited LSU, Alabama and Auburn in March in addition to traveling to Tennessee and making another trip to Georgia.

In late February, McElderry was one of the top performers at the Under Armour All-America Camp Series stop at Denmark High School in Alpharetta, Ga., according to 247Sports’ analysts in attendance.

“The staff working the camp kept raving about McElderry, who went 2-0 during 1-on-1s,” 247Sports Southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins wrote at the time. “He might not have the most desirable measurables and (owns) more of a round build, but he’s quick to establish a firm base and knows how to win with an aggressive punch.

“The road grader out of Anniston (Ala.) has the makeup of a potential multi-year starter in the SEC at one of the guard spots with his competitive spirit.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back