'19 AL LB Ke'shun Brown

Detailed scouting sees Mizzou freshmen class making waves

This was a great article I read last year on Mizzou’s scouting crew. You can see that these guys turned out being correct in their evaluations of guys that were “just 3 stars”. We’ve got to learn to trust our coaches and not worry about what some bum at a recruiting website thinks

Lol honestly that's a horrible take. Its proven that the most talented teams win Championships. As long as we settle for 3 stars we will never with the East again. (Not saying all 3 stars are bad, just the vast majority)

If we are cool with just beating them and not competing for an SEC East title, guys like this will be fine.
Newt loves those out of state recruits... Those 5 * just waiting to get a call from Pruitt... Those 5*dying to get out of state..

Lol honestly that's a horrible take. Its proven that the most talented teams win Championships. As long as we settle for 3 stars we will never with the East again. (Not saying all 3 stars are bad, just the vast majority)
We’ve been in the gutter for a decade. We’re going to have to rebuild with a solid base of three star players

OV this weekend...

In Tennessee's search for linebacker help, Jeremy Pruitt is taking a look at a prospect from his old school. The Vols will host Hoover (Ala.) linebacker Ke'Shun Brown this weekend. Tennessee's staffers have been by Hoover twice in the last two weeks.

Brown has a nice offer list, and it sounds like Ole Miss and Texas A&M are on him the most right now.

-Simonton

We have elite recruiters. We were expected to have a top 10 class up until the last few weeks. The wheels have fallen off the class for some reason. At least for the time being
The way we ended the season is probably why. Not being competitive with Missouri and Vandy with a bowl game on the line has consequences.

Look at our some of our highest rated recruits...Richmond, Philips, Kongbo, Tuttle, Kirkland, TK Jr, Warrior, Guarantano. They have not developed into game-changing, All SEC players. I’ll take a bunch 3 star players that want to work and get better over a player that comes in at one level and stays there. Look at the NFL draft and see how many “can’t miss” players really did miss.

Don’t be silly Newt......most of those guys were 2 stars.
But tatervol stated that botch is a better recruiter than JP. Just look at his classes he stated (star power). Just shows that you get the right coaches, the right players for the system, good things can happen regardless of what they are or are not.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Keep telling yourself that

Careful, careful, they will threaten to ban us or just put us on ignore. The hype machine runs hot until it implodes and just like the twinkle of a star the whole conversation changes and they act as if they never said it or recruiting is fluid they will proclaim. Don't you just love all those new recruits showing up on the board so suddenly as they are offered scholarships. Kids that somehow were overlooked all year long. Click bait and fairy tales

Enjoyed his time. Doesn't have a longstanding relationship with Pruitt or Sherrer but wants to learn more about both. Vols are going in-home with Brown next week. Thought he was going to push back any decision until January but now wants to sign early. He'll be at A&M next weekend.

“They let me know that I really fit the team defense and what they want at that spot,” he said.

“They like what I bring to the table. They’d rather have me than let anybody else have me.”

-Simonton

The trip was set up at the last minute, with Brown not making plans until late Thursday to come to Tennessee. After a couple days on Rocky Top, he’s glad he did.

“I was able to meet the staff and talk to some of the players,” Brown told VolQuest.

“I’m glad. They told me things are changing on Rocky Top. It’s going to be a different team and a different environment. They’re looking to change everything around over there.”

Felton, who holds more than 15 scholarships and has already taken OVs to Pittsburgh and LSU, was originally offered by Tennessee’s prior staff and then re-offered by Jeremy Pruitt and Kevin Sheerer recently. The 6-foot-1, 220-pound Alabama native said the Vols “like that I can come off the edge. That I can play fast in (the box) and I’m physical. They want me inside.”

“They let me know that I really fit the team defense and what they want at that spot,” he added.

“They like what I bring to the table. They’d rather have me than let anybody else have me.”

Brown spent the weekend with fellow Yellowhammer State linebacker Will Ignont, as well as Tennessee tailback Jeremy Banks and tight end Dominick Wood-Anderson. He was impressed by the visit and is eager to learn more about the Vols and Pruitt.

“I really like it up there. I liked it even when coach Butch was up there,” Brown said.

“I’m going to have an in-home visit on Tuesday or Wednesday with coach Pruitt and we’re going to talk more then.”

Before this weekend, Brown had thought about pushing back any decision until January. That might not be the case anymore. With Tennessee and Texas A&M, where he’ll visit officially next weekend, Brown told VolQuest “I want to (sign) on the 19th, but I’m not sure.”
--VQ

VN Store

Back