'25 AL S Eric Winters (Auburn commit)

HoleInTheRoof

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

The more we check around on Eric Winters, the more we continue to believe Tennessee made a very strong impression last weekend. He has connected well with Coach Chop throughout the process, and his initial impressions of William Inge could not have been better from the visit. Georgia and Auburn are two other teams standing out in this one. We expect a summertime decision for the four-star from Alabama.
-VQ

The 6-foot-1, 202-pound Winters recently told AuburnUndercover, 247Sports' Auburn site, that the Vols are on the short list of teams he's still considering, along with Auburn, Georgia and Miami. He said he has scheduled official visits to Georgia the weekend of June 7 and Auburn the weekend of June 14, and he's also set to return to Tennessee on an official visit the weekend of June 21.
Winters, a top-100 prospect, said Tuesday that he might be only "a week or two away" from revealing his decision. Auburn and Georgia have been widely viewed as the teams to beat for him, and the lone prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Auburn as the favorite to land him. But he doesn't plan to shut down his recruitment after making his choice.
"Tennessee, I mean, I really can say the same about them," Winters said last week, referring to the Vols' staff. "I really like Coach Heupel and what he's doing up there. He's a pretty good dude."
Winters visited Tennessee for the first time Sept. 30 to attend its home game against South Carolina. The Vols hosted him again March 23 for their first weekend practice of the spring, and he said after the visit that Tennessee was "around that top-three range" among the teams in the running for him.
r.callahan

VN Store

Back