'19 AL LB Deontae Beauchamp (PWO Commit)

6'1" 230lbs LB and runs a 4.5 40. Plus athletic enough to play WR. I'll take that kind of PWO all day, everyday. Even if they end up being just a big contributor on special teams
How heavy was this guy recruited? He does look really good on paper, and I'm glad we have him.

Just saw this tweet

Looks like we were on to him for a while. With him playing LB for only 6 games, I wonder if Coach Pruitt noticed this kid somehow, but saw a defensive kid instead of a WR and asked his head coach to play him there some.

Well, with it being Nov. 11th when he visited, I dunno about that. His high school season was probably over or almost over at that point. I like that idea, though.

Well, with it being Nov. 11th when he visited, I dunno about that. His high school season was probably over or almost over at that point. I like that idea, though.

True but I’m saying we might’ve noticed him on film and wanted to see him on defense. Staff liked what they saw and invited him once the season was over.

Just purely speculation on my part.

True but I’m saying we might’ve noticed him on film and wanted to see him on defense. Staff liked what they saw and invited him once the season was over.

Just purely speculation on my part.
Oh no, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. I like that speculation. I hope it's true.

Pretty sure Pruitt took a walk on or two at UGA and Bama that ended up being big contributors. Maybe this kid will be one at UT.

It’s great to see that Pruitt places an emphasis on scout team and walk-ons...would love to see one become the exception...

Kid is raw and a project, but has size, speed and appreciation for the opportunity....THAT you can work with..

Just met this guy at dicks in Huntsville Alabama. Saw my Tennessee jersey and just started talking to me. Said he was at the O&W game yesterday. Very well mannered and was very friendly. Talked about 20 minutes. Legit excited to be a volunteer. Only started 6 games at LB. Dude is good size and muscle .

Just met this guy at dicks in Huntsville Alabama. Saw my Tennessee jersey and just started talking to me. Said he was at the O&W game yesterday. Very well mannered and was very friendly. Talked about 20 minutes. Legit excited to be a volunteer. Only started 6 games at LB. Dude is good size and muscle .
If he was really good, he would shop at that Academy near City Diner.

Good for the kid. Ill trust Pruitts eye for defensive playas.

now lets go get some big timers.

VN Store

Back