'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

We’re not snobs… We knew this is what our football program was capable of. We also knew we just needed the right guy leading it to get us there. We have that now and we have the best DL coach in the country and an elite recruiter… We aren’t handwringing anymore.

We’re not snobs. It’s just that Knoxville and the Tennessee Vols are better than everyone else. It’s Science.

We’re becoming snobs.

Think about it …. This is a legit 5 star stud edge guy we’re heavily rumored to be leading for, and this thread is only 6 pages. Meanwhile, just a few years ago, threads for guys like Jay Hardy etc went 60+ pages.

😂
It happens every year. There's always a recruit who's normally in state that people Pay way too much attention to.

Coach Garner has been the one to personally recruit Heard. AP was giving his opinion because of Heard's height and athleticism, but this recruitment has been all CRG from the beginning. He has also spent all his time with CRG during his visits except for time spent with Coach Heupel.
Garner’s territory is Georgia so I don’t think him recruiting Heard means he’ll end up on the DL. He’s also a huge kid and I’m sure they want to see how his body changes in a year.

I think him being from Alabama has everyone a bit gun shy on the excitement.
Vestavia is easily the most Auburn friendly area in Birmingham. I also know quite a few people from there that went to Tennessee. I’m not surprised Bama’s on the outside looking in.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Garner’s territory is Georgia so I don’t think him recruiting Heard means he’ll end up on the DL. He’s also a huge kid and I’m sure they want to see how his body changes in a year.
He's only been playing football for one year and has never played a down on the O line. He also hasn't spent any time with Elarbee while on campus. He played DE and limited snaps at TE during his one season last fall. Maybe they'll play him on the offensive line this year at his high school, but right now he's being recruited as a defensive lineman (by CRG).

Gotta be a Vol if Oregons the only comp
It’s going to hurt oregon long term if they can’t get into another p5 conference. Their travel schedule will comprise of oregon (osu), washington (huskies & cougs), & Arizona (sun devil’s & wildcats) exclusively. Nobody cares about cal, stanford, or colorado buffs. No marquee games. It also sucks they are located far away from any metropolitan area besides seattle.

It’s going to hurt oregon long term if they can’t get into another p5 conference. Their travel schedule will comprise of oregon (osu), washington (huskies & cougs), & Arizona (sun devil’s & wildcats) exclusively. Nobody cares about cal, stanford, or colorado buffs. No marquee games. It also sucks they are located far away from any metropolitan area besides seattle.
That's why it was a great question. And it doesn't suck imo. 😂

The funniest question was "Kentucky?" 😂😭

Last edited:
I don’t think it sucks. Oregon and Washington deserve each other.

VN Store

Back