'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Nwaneri, Franklin, Ross, and Fountain will be insane. Just hope we can start matching our DL recruiting on the OL. Outside of Umarov we havenā€™t really been able to land a stud OT yet. I think Heard has a lot of potential there and I like Ginther and Perry as projects. We really need to land 2 of Baker, Anderson, Calhoun, Easley, Callaway, Westphal, and Oā€™Connell though

Nwaneri, Franklin, Ross, and Fountain will be insane. Just hope we can start matching our DL recruiting on the OL. Outside of Umarov we havenā€™t really been able to land a stud OT yet. I think Heard has a lot of potential there and I like Ginther and Perry as projects. We really need to land 2 of Baker, Anderson, Calhoun, Easley, Callaway, Westphal, and Oā€™Connell though
Heard was recruited for the DL

Perry comes from an unknown program, but he's not a project.
He's just young. Just like any 5 star OT in the same class

Where has that been said?
Coach Garner has been the one to personally recruit Heard. AP was giving his opinion because of Heard's height and athleticism, but this recruitment has been all CRG from the beginning. He has also spent all his time with CRG during his visits except for time spent with Coach Heupel.

Whatā€™s wrong with hoping we can start landing more stud OTā€¦

Because he uses whatever he can to disparage the staffs recruiting abilities. Letā€™s just say for example we donā€™t land all kinds of stud OL. Then he will say stuff like oh it was a failure or the class isnā€™t good. Or this isnā€™t the types of guys thatā€™s gonna win you a national championship. That type of thing.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Where has that been said?
Coach Garner has been the one to personally recruit Heard. AP was giving his opinion because of Heard's height and athleticism, but this recruitment has been all CRG from the beginning. He has also spent all his time with CRG during his visits except for time spent with Coach Heupel.

How impressive that CRG wanted him and some others think he could develop into a stud OT

A lot of you have asked about Jordan Ross. The Vols are deep in this one, but the competition is growing. Florida and Oregon have both made strong impressions of late. Ross will be back to Knoxville the weekend of June 23rd for an official visit before most likely making a decision in mid-July. Georgia and Texas are both involved here as well, but the Vols may sit in the best position heading into June OVs. We donā€™t expect him to visit anywhere else in May.
-VQ

Because he uses whatever he can to disparage the staffs recruiting abilities. Letā€™s just say for example we donā€™t land all kinds of stud OL. Then he will say stuff like oh it was a failure or the class isnā€™t good. Or this isnā€™t the types of guys thatā€™s gonna win you a national championship. That type of thing.
Iā€™ve seen some of believetheheup posts. This wasnā€™t one of those lol. I hope we can land some stud OT too

Maybe so but CRG also primarily recruits GA regardless of position.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Baker would be nice. And another Darnell Wright.

Everyone knows now that we can coach up elite talent. Not just scheme.
I personally think Trevor Duncan has the potential to be a Darnell Wright type of OL. Not sure what kind of wingspan he has, but for his size he has great twitch. Which is what made Darnell so special. I know all of the armchair QBs and twitter gurus on here think ā€œReeeeeeeeeeeee RoDnEy GaRnEr ReCrUiTeD hIm As A dL sO tHaTā€™s WhErE hE iS gOiNg To PlAyā€ but I think with the guys weā€™ve landed at DL and are in contention for in 2024 that he will be able to make a bigger impact for us at RT if heā€™s able to get to about 310-320 by his second year on campus

Maybe so but CRG also primarily recruits GA regardless of position.
He recruits GA but recruits spend time with their potential future position coach and in meetings with their future perspective position groups when on campus. He's spent all his time with CRG and zero time with Elarbee.

Reactions: Orange.
No reason to not want more elite talent everywhere at Tennessee. We saw what the staff could get out of guys with limitations and basically a scraped together roster situation. Imagine the possibilities with Top 5 talentā€¦ sky is the limit Just gotta get them on campus. 23ā€™ was a step in the right direction

Rodney Garner stopped by the schools of some big-name prospects in Alabama to start the week, including Jordan Ross, Jared Smith, and Na'eem Offord. Ross continues to say a lot of good things about the Vols, but as he noted in our update on Thursday, his recruitment still has a long way to go. Oregon and USC are other schools now slotted to likely get an OV at some point in the fall.
-VQ

Weā€™re becoming snobs.

Think about it ā€¦. This is a legit 5 star stud edge guy weā€™re heavily rumored to be leading for, and this thread is only 6 pages. Meanwhile, just a few years ago, threads for guys like Jay Hardy etc went 60+ pages.

šŸ˜‚
Weā€™re not snobsā€¦ We knew this is what our football program was capable of. We also knew we just needed the right guy leading it to get us there. We have that now and we have the best DL coach in the country and an elite recruiterā€¦ We arenā€™t handwringing anymore.

Weā€™re becoming snobs.

Think about it ā€¦. This is a legit 5 star stud edge guy weā€™re heavily rumored to be leading for, and this thread is only 6 pages. Meanwhile, just a few years ago, threads for guys like Jay Hardy etc went 60+ pages.

šŸ˜‚
I think him being from Alabama has everyone a bit gun shy on the excitement.

VN Store

Back