'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

What I'm loving so far is how many DBs already have us as their #1. Then we have a legitimate shot at pulling at least two 5* WRs. Then there's a slew of 4*s at nearly every other position. I just hope we can pull a really good OL class.
I’ve been thinking the same about OL since ‘23 class signed, we need to win some of the those battles this class

What I'm loving so far is how many DBs already have us as their #1. Then we have a legitimate shot at pulling at least two 5* WRs. Then there's a slew of 4*s at nearly every other position. I just hope we can pull a really good OL class.

OL is what’s going to determine whether we compete for NC or NY6 bowl games. Not saying we have to have all 5* on the OL, but we have to do better against UGA DL. I don’t care what their ranking is if the coaches can get them playing to that level.

OL is what’s going to determine whether we compete for NC or NY6 bowl games. Not saying we have to have all 5* on the OL, but we have to do better against UGA DL. I don’t care what their ranking is if the coaches can get them playing to that level.

Who are our top targets on the OL in 2024 besides Pringle?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Totally agree. I do think it'll be hard to evaluate how well they're doing that for a few years. Got the feeling the best OL in this system are going to be different than the ones the rating sites typically like, with more emphasis on quickness/athleticism.

Totally agree. I do think it'll be hard to evaluate how well they're doing that for a few years. Got the feeling the best OL in this system are going to be different than the ones the rating sites typically like, with more emphasis on quickness/athleticism.
Several have voiced this same opinion but I’m not following the logic? Our best OL was Wright who was a 5* huge bodied recruit. Our system seems to be a lot of QB in the shotgun takes snap, drops one or 2 steps and stands in the pocket. We’re asking our OL to keep the D off our QB for 4-5 seconds which seems like most any other offense on passing downs. We’re not often rolling our QB out of the pocket by design which might would favor the smaller/quicker OL? We’re not a smash mouth power running style but who really is these days? Seems like we need to get our share of the same top OL recruits our competition are recruiting. JMO

Several have voiced this same opinion but I’m not following the logic? Our best OL was Wright who was a 5* huge bodied recruit. Our system seems to be a lot of QB in the shotgun takes snap, drops one or 2 steps and stands in the pocket. We’re asking our OL to keep the D off our QB for 4-5 seconds which seems like most any other offense on passing downs. We’re not often rolling our QB out of the pocket by design which might would favor the smaller/quicker OL? We’re not a smash mouth power running style but who really is these days? Seems like we need to get our share of the same top OL recruits our competition are recruiting. JMO
Sure, in terms of what the player is expected to do in given play I'm with you, but to keep up with our tempo at 300+ pounds effectively requires stamina, quickness, and discipline, more so than the programs that take 20-30 seconds between plays. Didn't mean to state that we need to be looking for smaller -and we need the big, strong guys too- just that our coaches will likely put a higher premium on the conditioning/work-ethic/discipline side of things than others might.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back