'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Very good spot

If we do in fact pull this guy, top 12 player in the nation, out of the state of Alabama, away from both Bama and Auburn, that ought to silence any and all questions about this staff’s ability to recruit. I had not been paying attention to his thread thinking no way we would be able to get this guy from both the in-state schools. Yet, MetalVol dropping the nuke!!!!

Heupel and his staff just took two commitments that are 3 stars.

The recruiting services know more than Heupel, right?
Why did they take Nico over Kenny Minchey? Does rating only matter in that instance? I bet if they had landed Kam Pringle and had Brandon Baker already on board they wouldn’t have taken both of those 3 stars

The new No. 1-ranked rising senior recruit in the state of Alabama according to 247 Sports is a “total athletic freak of nature.” That is how Vestavia Hills coach Robert Evans describes 6-foot-5, 215-pound EDGE Jordan Ross. “If he stays healthy, he should make a lot of money one day,” Evans said. “He’s an NFL talent and hasn’t even scratched the surface of what he is going to be one day.”

...“In 3-4 years, he could be a 6-5, 250-pound EDGE who is still running the same speed, and those guys do really well. I’m not trying to put any added pressure on him, but he would blow the NFL Combine away if he went there right now just as far as his measurables are concerned."

..."He has a long way to go, but as far as raw talent there aren’t many like him,” Evans said. “All sophomores and juniors have room to improve their technique. He has to develop physically. We would like to see him at 225 or 230 in August...We’ve seen enough already to know that he totally translates at the next level as a pass rusher. Can he be a three-down player? That remains to be seen, but I like the natural progression I’ve seen. He will turn into an absolute physical specimen.”

What makes top-ranked recruit Jordan Ross special?

The new No. 1-ranked rising senior recruit in the state of Alabama according to 247 Sports is a “total athletic freak of nature.” That is how Vestavia Hills coach Robert Evans describes 6-foot-5, 215-pound EDGE Jordan Ross. “If he stays healthy, he should make a lot of money one day,” Evans said. “He’s an NFL talent and hasn’t even scratched the surface of what he is going to be one day.”

...“In 3-4 years, he could be a 6-5, 250-pound EDGE who is still running the same speed, and those guys do really well. I’m not trying to put any added pressure on him, but he would blow the NFL Combine away if he went there right now just as far as his measurables are concerned."

..."He has a long way to go, but as far as raw talent there aren’t many like him,” Evans said. “All sophomores and juniors have room to improve their technique. He has to develop physically. We would like to see him at 225 or 230 in August...We’ve seen enough already to know that he totally translates at the next level as a pass rusher. Can he be a three-down player? That remains to be seen, but I like the natural progression I’ve seen. He will turn into an absolute physical specimen.”
What makes top-ranked recruit Jordan Ross special?
@bigl3327 , This is the type of prospect we need. Not some kid that still calls soccer "football" :rolleyes:

VN Store

Back