'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

If you even consider espn as a reputable recruiting source, then you have no idea how this works.. they’ve been consistently terribly wrong about recruits for over a decade
Agree. That’s why I put them at the bottom. I’ve even built “No-ESPN” composites and shared them with the board in the past lol.

That said, I have still seen them add a little bit of predictiveness when included in a composite, but it’s much better when weighted ~5% instead of 25%.

ESPN's metrics don't make any sense either. the 24th best player is only rated an 89?

it also shows how much top end talent Alabama somehow has. On3 has him as #7 nationally, but 2nd best in Bama; 247 has him as 9th nationally, but 3rd best in Bama. and the average is #20 but 4th in Bama. it would make sense for a Texas/Georgia/California/Florida kid, but Bama? always a little shocking.
I don't know why On3 and 247 include ESPN in their composite. ESPN is just Tom Lugenbill drawing up lists to pass the time in study hall. It's a joke.

How did Mike Matthews drop 12 spots???
They used his inconsistencies at the All-American games as an excuse to put other players above him. He had multiple drops at the Under Armor and Polynesian bowls during the course of those weeks. His athleticism was unquestionable. But he would make a spectacular catch, then drop 2 routine balls. Either way, it left it open for discussion about his hands or a lack of concentration. It doesn't really matter except to fans concerned with final ratings. He's a 5* athlete with a 5* work ethic to match. We just need to squash the NCAA asap, before the negative recruiting can take hold again. Unfortunately, a lot of kids and parents are gullible when it comes to this type of thing.

....We just need to squash the NCAA asap, before the negative recruiting can take hold again. Unfortunately, a lot of kids and parents are gullible when it comes to this type of thing.
Nowdays NCAA wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And mother****s act like they forgot about Donde

Last edited:
Nowdays NCAA wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And mother****s act like they forgot about Donde
It's f*** around and find out time for the NCAA now. I'm sure they thought we were an easy target because we were so accommodating during our SELF REPORTED investigation. The problem for them is that they were already here investigating during the new supposed violations. The football program, in particular was very meticulous in their recruiting practices. They were making sure every i was dotted and t was crossed, yet the NCAA thought they could come back and just bend us over and we'd just take it. They needed someone (a major program) to slap around to show they still had teeth. I'm sure it was at the behest of one of the precious programs they love to protect. They don't have a freaking leg to stand on this time though, and the "bully" is about to get his lunch money taken in front of everyone on the playground.

Boys, we got us a good un
If he is freaky enough to get playing time then...how insane is our pass rush about to be?? Will that mean that Herring and Bradley are bad? Or...are they good too and we can just throw 5 athletic freaks out there in waves??

Pearce was the highest rated LEO by pff...and he's coming back? He'll be bigger, stronger and more experienced? How much better will Joseph's be? Joseph's who was graded in the 80's last year is back...Goodluck everyone.

Oh and wait there are FIVE super seniors in Thomas, Lott, Bailey, Eason and Simmons? You have to deal with waves of super seniors coached by Rodney Garner? Oh and Tyre West, Daevin Hobbs, Jaxson Moi, Westhersby, Jenkins and the rest of the young guys? Offensive lines have to deal with them and then Pearce and our pass rushers? They better hope they can hold with impunity again..

Recruiting analyst says Tennessee Vols deserve more credit for landing elite 5-star recruit in 2024 class​

This is true. I am shocked that all the ones who freak out about Tennessee having to get everyone from Tennessee never say anything about us getting the top players from other states. Especially someone like this from AL.

Oh and wait there are FIVE super seniors in Thomas, Lott, Bailey, Eason and Simmons? You have to deal with waves of super seniors coached by Rodney Garner? Oh and Tyre West, Daevin Hobbs, Jaxson Moi, Westhersby, Jenkins and the rest of the young guys? Offensive lines have to deal with them and then Pearce and our pass rushers? They better hope they can hold with impunity again..
They can't double team all of them... LOL
Our defense front will be awesome.

GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back