'20 AL DT Jah-Marien Latham

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
nusaxgepbzmc1iwaffpz

Jah-Marien Latham, Pickens County, Defensive Tackle

Jah-Marien Latham, 2020 Defensive tackle - Rivals

Alabama commit who grew up a Bama fan. Tough flip per Simmons but he is visiting this weekend.

Saw this kid play during the 1A playoffs. He's a beast, no doubt and stood out amongst everyone else on the field. This is not hard considering its 1A classification. My only worry is his ability to play against guys his size.

The 6-foot-3, 280-pound Latham said he remains committed to the Crimson Tide, the team he grew up liking. But he said he already intends to “be back up there” at Tennessee “probably sometime during spring ball” after the Vols made a good first impression on him during Saturday’s visit. “I mean, I’d heard about (Tennessee), but that was my first time going. I really loved it,” said Latham. “I’ll be back up there probably sometime during spring ball. … I’m going to go during spring, and I know I told (offensive line) coach (Will) Friend that I’m going to do an official visit there.”

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff is one of the main reasons Latham is discussing going on at least a couple more visits to Knoxville. “I mean, I love all the coaches. I love the facilities, and then just seeing the fans at the basketball game was amazing,” Latham said, referring to the sellout crowd of more than 21,000 that attended the third-ranked Vols basketball team’s win Saturday against Alabama. “It was live. The fans stayed in the game the whole time.”

“They stopped by the school, like, three times and they told me about the junior day and they sent me the invitation, so I just decided to come up,” he said. “That was my first (visit to another) school since the commitment.” His first look at Tennessee more than lived up to his expectations. Latham said he liked “everything” about the Vols, including “the fans” and “especially” Pruitt’s staff. Friend has been serving as Latham’s primary recruiter for Tennessee, and he said the visit allowed him to get to know defensive line coach Tracy Rocker.

“That was my first time meeting him, but a lot of times I always talk to Coach Friend,” Latham said. “A lot of times he stops by the school — like, three times — so we know each other very well. “Coach Rocker was telling me that, if I did come, he thinks that I would be a good defensive tackle. He was like, he likes the way my handwork is.” The Vols’ message to Latham was simple. “They were like, ‘Make the right choice,’” he said. "I mean, they showed me around all the facilities and everything. I knew they’d have some impressive stuff,” Latham said, "but I didn’t expect it to be that impressive.”

Grew up a Bama fan, he's about 30 mins from Tuscaloosa...but shooters shoot.

VN Store

Back