'22 AL DT Eston Harris Jr

“I think Tennessee is an outstanding program,” said Harris, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 26 defensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 10 rising junior from the state of Alabama. “I know that they are a top-notch team in the SEC.

“Whenever I can, I’m going to go visit. Whenever things get better or open back, I am,” he added, referring to the ongoing dead period for recruiting.

“They just say they see me helping out the team a lot on the defensive front,” Harris said.

“I have talked to Coach Ansley at least three times since the offer, but I talk to multiple (members) of Tennessee’s staff every week,” Harris said.

He said he grew up liking Alabama, and while he has yet to receive an offer from the home-state Crimson Tide, he added that “they follow me on Twitter.”
callahan

We are the school standing out to him right now👍

Rivals.com - SEC school emerging as early favorite for 2022 DL Eston Harris

Texas A&M got things started for
Eston Harris, a 2022 defensive lineman out of Beauregard High. That offer came June 25. Since the Aggie offer, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennesseeand USC have pulled the trigger.

The 6-foot-5, 265 pound junior is taking it all in.
"It is a great feeling to be getting offers like the ones I have gotten, and it just influences me to work harder," said Harris. "I was surprised when I started getting the offers, but I honestly feel like God saw me working and rewarded me for it.

"Coaches are telling me that they like how aggressive I am off the line, they like my size, they like my personality and they like how I take on blocks.

"All these offers are blessings and I am loving it. I am just going to keep working."

Harris is still the process of learning about the schools that have offered. He has not visited any yet, but he is doing his research and has watched many on TV.

"All the schools that have offered are top-notch schools and programs. They all play well, they all have good players and any of the schools on the list can help me in the future.

"I have been talking to different coaches and I have been looking up the school on YouTube, I have been researching the coaches and I have been looking into how the schools and coaches develop players at my position. I am doing all I can to learn about the different schools."

Alabama is the school Harris grew up a fan of, but now as a recruit, he says he is open to everyone. He has connected with coaches at Florida State and Georgia, but Tennessee has made a strong impression early.

"The coaches at Tennessee have been showing a lot of love to me," said Harris. "All of their defensive coaches are showing love every week. They are really standing out to me right now.

"I have talked to coach Jeremy Pruitt, DA (Derrick Ansley), coach Brumbaugh, coach Niedermeyer — I have basically talked to all of them and that means a lot to me. It is definitely a place I want to visit as soon as things open back up."

Harris finished with 76 tackles , 15 tackles for loss and three sacks in 2019.

VN Store

Back