‘23 AL DL Hunter Osborne (Alabama commit)

Per my Clemson insider friend.

Clemson is pretty strategic with who they offer and their spots, a lot different than any other program in that they don't shotgun offer a ton of prospects. This all relates to Faulk who is deciding on 7-6. Dabo is telling Osborne he will take his commitment before 7-5 but if he doesn't and Faulk commits to them on 7-6 then his spot is gone.

I know y'all don't want to hear it that way but in the end it's just them being transparent with him telling him his spot may be gone soon.
so tell me more about this kid that may get effed if Osborune does commit before him?

Clemson is pretty strategic with who they offer and their spots, a lot different than any other program in that they don't shotgun offer a ton of prospects. This all relates to Faulk who is deciding on 7-6. Dabo is telling Osborne he will take his commitment before 7-5 but if he doesn't and Faulk commits to them on 7-6 then his spot is gone.

I know y'all don't want to hear it that way but in the end it's just them being transparent with him telling him his spot may be gone soon.
Clemson 247 insider saying they’re not getting Faulk. Would be really fun if they missed on Osborne too. Dabo can take his arrogance and pound sand. Can’t wait to watch them lose a few games this fall.

But how does that work with no limit?

But how does that work with no limit?
Clemson doesn't process kids as much as other programs that are on their roster, so I'd say they have a pretty firm 85 number issue with the number they can take in their class.

Dabo is certainly stubborn and does it his way and is slightly exposed if they get hit with a run of transfers out of the blue he will have a gap in roster numbers and be forced to actually use the Portal at some point. But hard to argue with the results over the years thus far. I honestly think Heupel and company are the most like Dabo of any staff we've had. Sell family environment and are straight forward with kids and don't do snake oil tactics.

Reactions: sneakergawd
Clemson typically takes less players per class
Yes, but you can’t say we only have 3 spots in our class for a certain position. Players will eventually start thinking if they really wanted me they would take a 4th at the position later. So if Clemson does not get back in the playoffs this year that will stop working.

Yes, but you can’t say we only have 3 spots in our class for a certain position. Players will eventually start thinking if they really wanted me they would take a 4th at the position later. So if Clemson does not get back in the playoffs this year that will stop working.
I do think it works due to the success. But it makes players feel like the offer and potential to be in the class is "special". If that makes sense.

But enough about Clemson, I watched Osborne's TN video again and I agree with the poster that I think Heupel and our crew showing him so much love directly and telling him how important he is to us (cornerstone not just another piece) resonated and I think we have a great shot in the end regardless of what happens with Faulk and Clemson's board. Would be great if they don't land Faulk and we land Osborne outright and they are left scrambling. GBO!

Clemson doesn't process kids as much as other programs that are on their roster, so I'd say they have a pretty firm 85 number issue with the number they can take in their class.

Dabo is certainly stubborn and does it his way and is slightly exposed if they get hit with a run of transfers out of the blue he will have a gap in roster numbers and be forced to actually use the Portal at some point. But hard to argue with the results over the years thus far. I honestly think Heupel and company are the most like Dabo of any staff we've had. Sell family environment and are straight forward with kids and don't do snake oil tactics.
If they are consistently a playoff team, the pressure to get your spot now can continue to work with highly ranked recruits. If they are not consistently ranked in the top five where they’re expected to make the playoffs, I think that will start going against them. I think our coaches do the opposite with not putting pressure on them to make a decision but to take your time and be sure.

You still can’t go over the 85 limit.

Reactions: JacketVol
You still can’t go over the 85 limit.
Yes, but….if I am in the top 100 with offers from everyone, I am not going to like being told they can’t make a place for me after July 1st. Just saying that is not going to continue to work unless recruits are convinced they will go to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

I mean, if that is their policy, then so be it. We have our own policy and it should include you always make room for a man with this kind of upside and who has already demonstrated a great deal to make you think he will help you win games.

Yes, but….if I am in the top 100 with offers from everyone, I am not going to like being told they can’t make a place for me after July 1st. Just saying that is not going to continue to work unless recruits are convinced they will go to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.
I don’t know why it works now but it has proven to work over time.

Why would Faulk be ok being a back up option if this were true?

I do think it works due to the success. But it makes players feel like the offer and potential to be in the class is "special". If that makes sense.
It almost seems like it has made players chase them instead of the other way around.

Which is fine and if it is the truth then it is a great way to handle it. However, when I have had to make a big decision and someone tells me to do it now or it will be gone later and I am not 100 percent sure, I walk out the door. I will not make a pressured decision and regardless of the intentions, that is what this is. If I knew I wanted to be there no matter what then commit. Any doubt, then either do it but keep your doors open knowing you have not signed yet or just tell them no. It is different than baseball. With baseball, other teams will not recruit you except under the radar after you commit. It's a weird gentlemen's agreement but followed pretty closely.

VN Store

Back