‘23 AL DL Hunter Osborne (Alabama commit)

If you've ever played dynasty on some old NCAA games, the recruiting is fairly accurate. You're checking off boxes with interest that particular kids have. When a kid places higher priority on things that every major program offers, they get enamored with every school they visit. If parents have never been through the process, they can be the same way.

from TI

Coming off its official visit weekend, we would just say Clemson remains locked in on its established targets: College Park (Ga.) Woodward Academy four-star A.J. Hoffler, Highland Home (Ala.) four-star Keldric Faulk, Thomaston (Ga.) Upson-Lee four-star TJ Searcy and Hewitt (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville four-star Hunter Osborne.

We believe Hoffler and Osborne still own the highest odds of being part of this class.

Reactions: VolByLaw
AP said on the pod today that it’s rumored he’s a silent to Clemson but Dabo doesn’t allow visits so with him coming this weekend the Vols have a chance to turn him.

I think he said that any rumors that he might be a silent to Clemson don't ring true because he's taken a visit to Texas and now is coming here this weekend. So yes, we have a bigtime chance, especially since he was here for the BBQ and by all accounts loved it. But I wouldn't characterize it as "turning him" as much as reclaiming a lead...

We know he will love his visit and will really like to commit, but like other big name recruits can we overcome the recent history of both schools. We shall see. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think he said that any rumors that he might be a silent to Clemson don't ring true because he's taken a visit to Texas and now is coming here this weekend. So yes, we have a bigtime chance, especially since he was here for the BBQ and by all accounts loved it. But I wouldn't characterize it as "turning him" as much as reclaiming a lead...
It would be turning him, Clemson definitely leads

It would be turning him, Clemson definitely leads
i think he was speaking in terms of being a silent to Clemson. the kid is obviously still looking at options. i would imagine it wouldnt' be a huge stretch to say that he has 2-3 'leaders'. Clemson is finiky though because as he stated above, typically once committed, clemson prefers them to shut it down completely, and we've seen that recently with some of the kids that have committed there.

that he's still taking visits....tells you where he's NOT more than anything.

The rumors the last several weeks have been that Hunter Osborne would be one of the next to commit to Clemson after the Tigers seemed to grab all the momentum in his recruitment earlier this month. The fact that he is coming to Knoxville tells us that he has yet to tell the Tigers he is coming because they don’t allow visits to other schools once that happens. Tennessee had a really good visit with him last month and seemed to be in a good spot before the Clemson visit so we will see if they can find the magic this weekend.
-VQ

VN Store

Back