'19 AL DE/TE Ethan Rinke (PWO commit)

And Butch saw him as a great tight end.
I still don’t get why Travis Kelce and AB endorse Butch Jones. Hell i talked to Dennis Kelly (OT on the Titans) in Nashville who played for him and he said he was a great coach too. Weird

I still don’t get why Travis Kelce and AB endorse Butch Jones. Hell i talked to Dennis Kelly (OT on the Titans) in Nashville who played for him and he said he was a great coach too. Weird
Well to be fair Kelce and Brown, who are both talented as hell, do not have their heads screwed on very well. Also they have nothing to gain from bashing a former coach and burning that bridge.

? What's wrong with guys liking Butch? Plenty of vets do.

I think Butch made the jump to the SEC too quickly without realizing just how difficult and competitive it really is. He recruited fairly well and was probably starstruck by the level of players he was pulling compared to what he previously had to work with at Cincy and lower levels.

More talent to work with and previous success led him to believe that doing things the way he always had would work at UT.... obviously didn't.

Unless he completely lacks self awareness, I'd bet that he will do better in his next HC gig as long as it's not in the SEC.

I think Butch made the jump to the SEC too quickly without realizing just how difficult and competitive it really is. He recruited fairly well and was probably starstruck by the level of players he was pulling compared to what he previously had to work with at Cincy and lower levels.

More talent to work with and previous success led him to believe that doing things the way he always had would work at UT.... obviously didn't.

Unless he completely lacks self awareness, I'd bet that he will do better in his next HC gig as long as it's not in the SEC.
Jones built a resume playing teams with a losing record. He had a losing record the only year at Cincy when he played more teams with a winning record than a losing record. He does not have the talent to coach at the SEC level and likely never will.

IMO of all the PWOs we got in this cycle i feel like this is the one that’ll be on scholarship eventually.

“Coach Pruitt is a really good man,” Rinke said. “My parents trust him, I trust him, and I trust the coaches he has brought to the team. He was real enthusiastic when he talked to me. He said 'We found you late and want to give you an offer, but we don't have enough.' I told him I understood and we continued talking from there.”

[Athens coach Cody] Gross said Rinke is one of his favorite players to have ever coached due to his love for the game and natural leadership ability. “To me, he's one of those once-in-a-lifetime guys that you coach, because he loves football,” Gross said. “I don't know, when you get right down to it, how many of these kids really love football. They love the social media stuff and all the attention and the things that go with it. Ethan doesn't give a crap about that. He loves football, he loves his team, and he loves his coaches, and to me, that is very refreshing.”

Athens' Rinke to walk on at Tennessee

“Coach Pruitt is a really good man,” Rinke said. “My parents trust him, I trust him, and I trust the coaches he has brought to the team. He was real enthusiastic when he talked to me. He said 'We found you late and want to give you an offer, but we don't have enough.' I told him I understood and we continued talking from there.”

[Athens coach Cody] Gross said Rinke is one of his favorite players to have ever coached due to his love for the game and natural leadership ability. “To me, he's one of those once-in-a-lifetime guys that you coach, because he loves football,” Gross said. “I don't know, when you get right down to it, how many of these kids really love football. They love the social media stuff and all the attention and the things that go with it. Ethan doesn't give a crap about that. He loves football, he loves his team, and he loves his coaches, and to me, that is very refreshing.”
Athens' Rinke to walk on at Tennessee
I love this kids mindset.

This is my 2nd pick of PWO's that I think will be getting the coaches attention in the first fall camp. Another one of the PWO's that I think can make a scholly by his Soph or Junior year.

VN Store

Back