'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (Nebraska commit)

Processed for bigger fish to cm per my phone call this evening

How does this work? Does Pruitt call him up and tell him to drop his pledge? It would make sense to get 2 fish in the boat first then throw the smaller one back. No.?? I am not understanding this. Pruitt must be confident.

How does this work? Does Pruitt call him up and tell him to drop his pledge? It would make sense to get 2 fish in the boat first then throw the smaller one back. No.?? I am not understanding this. Pruitt must be confident.
He’s always been open to looking around...even after committing. Nebraska has always been a possible flip...our choice or no.

With all due respect to Nebraska, I hope we are fishing in deeper waters when it comes to recruits. This is a good sign if Nebraska and TCU are his next best options

Jimari Butler was a classic late bloomer. And he he's going to ball somewhere. If we're pushing him to the side, then this guy must be a beast!

Pruitt knows his defense. Honestly i hope we keep Butler and get whoever this other person is too.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Well its kinda like this prospect: voach I'd like to commit, coach ok but if we get tight on numbers we could possibly hv to use a blue shirt, blah blah blah. You're more than welcome to kp visiting and weigh your options. Prospect OK i understand thus why there was no hostility in what he said in the interview

Well its kinda like this prospect: voach I'd like to commit, coach ok but if we get tight on numbers we could possibly hv to use a blue shirt, blah blah blah. You're more than welcome to kp visiting and weigh your options. Prospect OK i understand thus why there was no hostility in what he said in the interview

Exactly. This time of year if you are visiting other schools then your spot is open as your are saying your not solid in your commitment. He was fully aware of the consequences of the visit. Similar to James Robinson cancelling his Florida and Miss St visits when being told his spot would be at risk if he took the visits. Butler didn’t listen to the warning Probably because he thought he was only edge guy committed and he was too valuable.

Makes sense. Thanks !

Exactly. This time of year if you are visiting other schools then your spot is open as your are saying your not solid in your commitment. He was fully aware of the consequences of the visit. Similar to James Robinson cancelling his Florida and Miss St visits when being told his spot would be at risk if he took the visits. Butler didn’t listen to the warning Probably because he thought he was only edge guy committed and he was too valuable.

Very Kirbyish... and now Pruitish too.

I don't like us losing this kid.
The Horton kid out of Scotlandville, LA is another good prospect similar to Butler.
I wonder who DE1 is talking about.
Recruiting is very exciting!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I don't like us losing this kid.
The Horton kid out of Scotlandville, LA is another good prospect similar to Butler.
I wonder who DE1 is talking about.
Recruiting is very exciting!

I wonder if Horton is OV. Seems like a good prospect.

Reactions: LittleVol
At this stage, if you've committed, you either want to be in this class or you don't. Kid chose to take the visit to Nebraska and lost his spot. I have no problem with this stance from the coaches.

There will be more looking around if things continue to progress with certain recruits.

Hang on VOL fans, it could get REAL fun again.
giphy.gif

No. He's an Edge LB like Taylor.

His measurables are fine for his position.

Must have Joseph or someone else in the fold.
Yea. Nothing wrong with 6’5” 215 at that age if they are projecting as an edge defender.

Better be an even more athletic edge with good measurables too.

VN Store

Back