'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (UT commit 11/8/19)

Vol Main

Another thought...everybody is still writing him off, that is why they keep bitchin and moanin about depth next year with Taylor gone..I don't think it is going to be a problem, I think lil Biscuit and DJ are going to be a LOAD next year....and Crouch and Harrison and..etc etc etc..
Who are lil Biscuit and DJ,?

Mightyvol

So you are completely ok with the coaches missing on high 4 star players and taking these low rated 3 stars in their place?

Honest question.
You are putting way too much confidence in the recruiting services. CJP wants to win and he is building the best team he can. He is putting together a good mix of players that have talent and want to compete, IMO. When I listen to Henry T and W Morris and other players speak, we got the right coach bringing in the right players to rebuild a football program with.

You are putting way too much confidence in the recruiting services. CJP wants to win and he is building the best team he can. He is putting together a good mix of players that have talent and want to compete, IMO. When I listen to Henry T and W Morris and other players speak, we got the right coach bringing in the right players to rebuild a football program with.
The guys you referenced were consensus 5 stars. Those are not the type of players in this current class.

99Vol

Shoulda posted in recruiting thread:
Just watched his vids then BJ Olujari's vids. He is an 86 rating per 247 and BJ a 94. Watching the vids I don't see the difference. What I do see is a few months of football after a 5 year layoff and he has a lot of upside. His frame will allow him to get big quicker as well. I also found an old BR article from February about over rated 5 stars. For instance, Arik Gilbert was one of 5 listed in the article. He ran a 4.9 40 with only a 27" verticals which doesn't compare to the NFL'ers at his position(s). Marietta has been a bit of a 7a powerhouse in Georgia and I think all these guys from Keyton to Bailey, BJ, and Arik all help each other's exposure and ratings along with all the camps they attend. Some guy like Butler shows up out if no where and he could be a real steal with great upside. I too get caught up in the star ratings but looking at the info in front of me this guy could be solid... kinda pumped actually👍

Shoulda posted in recruiting thread:
Just watched his vids then BJ Olujari's vids. He is an 86 rating per 247 and BJ a 94. Watching the vids I don't see the difference. What I do see is a few months of football after a 5 year layoff and he has a lot of upside. His frame will allow him to get big quicker as well. I also found an old BR article from February about over rated 5 stars. For instance, Arik Gilbert was one of 5 listed in the article. He ran a 4.9 40 with only a 27" verticals which doesn't compare to the NFL'ers at his position(s). Marietta has been a bit of a 7a powerhouse in Georgia and I think all these guys from Keyton to Bailey, BJ, and Arik all help each other's exposure and ratings along with all the camps they attend. Some guy like Butler shows up out if no where and he could be a real steal with great upside. I too get caught up in the star ratings but looking at the info in front of me this guy could be solid... kinda pumped actually👍
Wow that's not good numbers for Gilbert.

KB5252

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
He will be an edge rusher from the Jack LB position. We do not use 4-3 edge rushers in our current defense.
I know and understand what position he plays and will play in our defense. My statement still stands that with his frame and build he will not be ready next year, he's most likely destined to redshirt.

I know and understand what position he plays and will play in our defense. My statement still stands that with his frame and build he will not be ready next year, he's most likely destined to redshirt.
Maybe he will redshirt and that’s fine. But everyone said BJ was a day 1 starter. This guy is BJ without the stars or rep. Imo, almost the exact same player.

VN Store

Sponsors