'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

To pull the number 1 player out of the state of Alabama would be insane to see... especially at defensive line.. it will be the first time in a while the number one player left the state

To pull the number 1 player out of the state of Alabama would be insane to see... especially at defensive line.. it will be the first time in a while the number one player left the state

Justin Ross went to Clemson 2 years ago
But for the most part Bama and Auburn lock that state down pretty good. And Auburn raids Georgia like crazy.

It would be great to get the #1 guy from there, I agree.

And it’s not like we’re recruiting a bunch of scrubs on the D-Line since Pruitt got here.

Justin Ross went to Clemson 2 years ago
But for the most part Bama and Auburn lock that state down pretty good. And Auburn raids Georgia like crazy.

It would be great to get the #1 guy from there, I agree.
Ohh I didn’t know Ross was the number player that year! But that was impressive but i agree it would be impressive to get the number 1 defensive guy

“It was good just to get back up here and hang with (Derrick Ansley) and coach (Kevin) Sherrer.” “Those guys are easy to talk to.”

The 6-4, 215-pound edge rusher from Handley High holds more than two dozen offers, but four schools are currently standing out amongst the pack — Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn and LSU. Brooks attended multiple games at UT, Alabama and Auburn in 2019. When asked which staff he has the best relationship with, Brooks answered emphatically, “Tennessee.”

On Saturday, Brooks used his latest visit to spend more time with head coach Jeremy Pruitt. The outside linebacker speaks regularly with Ansley and Sherrer, but getting significant facetime with the head coach was important. “I got to talk to coach Pruitt a lot today, so that was good,” Brooks said. “They said they need more tall, basketball type guys off the edge. Guys that can rush the passer.”

During a film session with Ansley, Brooks watched cut-ups of how the Vols utilized Darrell Taylor, who led the SEC in sacks in 2019, the last two seasons. Brooks has similar length to Taylor, and one of his biggest attributes is his

“I liked how they moved DT around,” Brooks said on his biggest takeaway. “Mostly I (watch) at how big they are. How big I got to get. What moves they do.”

Brooks has upcoming Junior Day visits planned for Auburn and Alabama, and he hopes to get back to LSU soon, too. The 4-star is is likely “a long ways” from making a decision but has no finite plans on when he might announce his college choice. Brooks could take it all the way to National Signing Day or “just do something when I feel like it.”

- VQ

Tennessee hosted a number of targets in the 2021 class Saturday during its first junior day of the year, including a highly ranked player who has become a frequent visitor to Knoxville over the past year. Five-star defensive end/linebacker Dylan Brooks of Handley High School in Roanoke, Ala., visited the Vols again Saturday, returning to Tennessee for the seventh time since March, and sources said the Vols have continued to position themselves well with the 6-foot-5, 220-pound edge rusher.

Brooks already has built strong relationships with Kevin Sherrer, Tennessee’s inside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator, along with Vols defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley. And he’s likely to continue visiting Tennessee in the coming months. It’s still relatively early in the recruiting process for Brooks, but sources said the Vols are one of the top contenders for him at the moment, along with Auburn, Alabama and LSU. One source said Auburn feels good about its current standing with Brooks, who visited the Tigers for most, if not all, of their home games during the 2019 season. And Alabama still is likely to be a major factor in his recruitment. But Tennessee has gotten off to a good start with him and only further helped its cause during Saturday’s visit.

- Callahan

Reactions: T Dog
FWIW me and the rest of the guys at VR2 all pretty much agree Brooks is a Vol.

None of us have any real inside info outside of some quotes where we’ve talked to him (same stuff recruits tell everyone) but from following the visits it’s pretty obvious. I think it happens sometime in April-May

None of us have any real inside info outside of some quotes where we’ve talked to him (same stuff recruits tell everyone) but from following the visits it’s pretty obvious. I think it happens sometime in April-May
I’ve felt like this ever since I started watching out for this kid a few months ago. Follow the visits and the comments he continues to make about Tennessee, coupled with the fact that gushes about Coach Pruitt every time we hear from him. Kid is a Vol🍊

Reactions: SweetasSoda

i think it's a good sign with all the visits too.

but hasn't he visited Auburn almost the same amount of times? iirc, he's been to Auburn about as much as he has TN. been to Bama a handful of times.....?

VN Store

Back