AL.com sportswriter Creg Stephenson projects future coach in 2026

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I won't look at this like every other thread from Tennessee fans on Pruitt leaving for Bama, rather here's a Bama guy suggesting the possibility that Tennessee will dominate college football landscape over the next seven years.

That or he's just trolling on a rainy February morning, with nothing else to do. :)

Won’t happen because Dabo will be Bama’s HC during that time.

No he won't.
He's the best coach in the history of Clemson which is now a power on par with Alabama.
They are literally in the midst of their own dynasty right now.

Why go to Bama to just be ONE of the best coaches all time at there, while he is THE best coach in Clemson history.

Yeah I think that would be more likely at this point. But Dabo has it pretty good in the ACC
This— also he’s established his own dynasty of sorts at Clemson. Mighty high bar set at Bama for him to have to follow after accomplishing what he has at CU

No he won't.
He's the best coach in the history of Clemson which is now a power on par with Alabama.

Why go to Bama to just be ONE of the best coaches all time at there, while he is THE best coach in Clemson history.
Lol. Clemson isn't Bama. You can think they are but Bama has more money and more sway. Dabo has already alluded to being interested in going to Bama in the past.

Reactions: Volanta
No he won't.

$$$$$$$$$$. Alabama has proven they are willing to pay any amount. But, Clemson is much nicer place to live than Tuscaloosa. Also maybe Dabo will learn from Ray Perkins mistake.

No future coach will walk into Tuscaloosa and get the control that Saban currently has. Ray Perkins is a great example of that.

Also, biggest mistake Doug Dickey made was leaving a program he had already established to return home. Same might be said for Majors.

Here’s how the Vols HC in 2029 unfolds.

CJP never loses his affection for Bama. But he has a secret agenda. He likes Fulmer’s commitment to the football program and Phil's loyal backing of his HC. He figures he’s hit the best of all possible worlds. Especially so should he fulfill his goal to Bama-ize the Vols. Saban has made his mark and Pruitt figures to make his own mark, and in the process surpass Saban in wins and NC trophies. However, after he has won 2-3 NCs, Bama will engage the UT in an all-out bidding war for his services. They’ll lose for three reasons. One, is his success rate keeps him on target for his goal to make his own mark. Two, is Fulmer’s refusal to be outbid in his own goal to keep the UT at the top of NCAA football. I think deep inside he has a sense of sincere regret for his share in UT’s fall from dominance. He wants to redeem himself for this. Three, Vols fans are craziest, rabid, and most supportive football fans of any organization, college or pro. Consequently, Tennessee's war chest for bidding will be above and beyond anybody to outbid us. In the midst of all this, by 2029, our main rival won’t be pachyderms, it won’t be the slobbering mutts, nor the lizards. It will be LSU striped cats as they begin winning the SECW over and over. What about the NC itself? We’ll find ourselves butting heads with USCw and Texas alternatively year in and year out. We’ll be so good we could take on a mid-level AFA team and win.

Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
I won't look at this like every other thread from Tennessee fans on Pruitt leaving for Bama, rather here's a Bama guy suggesting the possibility that Tennessee will dominate college football landscape over the next seven years.

That or he's just trolling on a rainy February morning, with nothing else to do. :)

If Jeremy Pruitt leaves for Alabama that means Tennessee is winning once again and it wont be that difficult to hire a quality replacement at head football coach.

Here’s how the Vols HC in 2029 unfolds.

CJP never loses his affection for Bama. But he has a secret agenda. He likes Fulmer’s commitment to the football program and Phil's loyal backing of his HC. He figures he’s hit the best of all possible worlds. Especially so should he fulfill his goal to Bama-ize the Vols. Saban has made his mark and Pruitt figures to make his own mark, and in the process surpass Saban in wins and NC trophies. However, after he has won 2-3 NCs, Bama will engage the UT in an all out bidding war for his services. They’ll lose for three reasons. One, is his success rate keeps him on target for his goal to make his own mark. Two, is Fulmer’s refusal to be outbid in his own goal to keep the UT at the top of NCAA football. I think deep inside he has a sense of sincere regret for his share in UT’s fall from dominance. He wants to redeem himself for this. Three, Vols fans are craziest, rabid, and most supportive football fans of any organization, college or pro. Consequently, Tennessee's war chest for bidding will above and beyond anybody to outbid us. In the midst of all this, by 2029, our main rival won’t be pachyderms, it won’t be the slobbering mutts, nor the lizards. It will be LSU striped cats as they begin winning the SECW over and over. What about the NC itself? We’ll find ourselves butting heads with USCw and Texas alternatively year in and year out. We’ll be so good we could take on a mid-level AFA team and win.

Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.
giphy.gif

They approach him six years ago? Then yes. Now he’s an institution with his own legacy.

It’s his Alma Mater.

Bama is a bigger national brand than Clemson... better tv exposure amongst the best conference in college football. The ACC is nothing compared to the SEC.

Dabo strikes me as the type of guy who wants to take on a good challenge. What better else than to fill in Saban’s shoes? He’s already proved he can outcoach Saban in big games.

Let’s be honest here, there’s no way Clemson can match anything Bama throws at him. Their boosters are serious about winning.

Just like Pruitt, Dabo still has Bama in his blood.

I could be completely wrong but it’s not that far stretched as some of ya’ll make it out to be.

It’s his Alma Mater.

Bama is a bigger national brand than Clemson... better tv exposure amongst the best conference in college football. The ACC is nothing compared to the SEC.

Dabo strikes me as the type of guy who wants to take on a good challenge. What better else than to fill in Saban’s shoes? He’s already proved he can outcoach Saban in big games.

Let’s be honest here, there’s no way Clemson can match anything Bama throws at him. Their boosters are serious about winning.

Just like Pruitt, Dabo still has Bama in his blood.

I could be completely wrong but it’s not that far stretched as some of ya’ll make it out to be.
Darrell Royal was an Oklahoma alum. Dean Smith a Kansas Alum etc etc. Clemson is forking out over $2 mil per year for Dabo’s Defensive Coordinator! They ain’t gettin money whipped for a HC...they’ll match or beat whatever Bama throws out. It’s not a matter of “stretched”. We’re just throwing out personal opinions, here. Mine states that Dabo was gettable six years ago but that ship sailed.

VN Store

Back