'24 AL CB Travaris Banks

I'm in 100% agreement with you as far as need. I'd rather sign 3 above average guys that are true cover corners than 1 elite guy and 2 tweeners. We've seen now that you there's 2 things you need in this defense to make it work. It takes 2 CBs that can cover, and an elite pass rush. We haven't had either yet. The positive that I've seen in recruiting though is getting guys with length that can run at nearly every defensive position. Hopefully it all translates by 2024.
Speed can mask a lot of deficiencies.
The defensive approach to football has changed. You don’t build from the front to back and middle out anymore. It’s outside in. We need good cover corners and safeties that can cover

The defensive approach to football has changed. You don’t build from the front to back and middle out anymore. It’s outside in. We need good cover corners and safeties that can cover
Outside to in you mean Edge guys too??

No it's not changed that much imo.

You have to pressure the pocket more now than ever before. That still starts up front.

You're still seeing DTs drafted into the Top 10 every year. Along with SDE and OLBs.

There are way more dominant edge players and those types than island corners..
They effect the QB first.

You have to pressure the pocket more now than ever before. That still starts up front.

You're still seeing DTs drafted into the Top 10 every year. Along with SDE and OLBs.

And if you have both, you can effectively shut down an entire offense

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Defensive line has to be tough, that includes ends absolutely. You have to contain edges. You need got out side linebackers. You need very good corners. Heck to be tops in the sec you strive to get as good as you can at all positions. Offense and defense. To win championships in the sec you need it all. But it all starts at the LOS, then QB and then skill players positions. But you need to be as sound as you can be and pretty deep to take the pounding of a entire season. GBO

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Alabama defensive back Travaris Banks is set to return to campus on Saturday. He has continued to feel like Tennessee has made him a priority over the last few months. His bond with Tim Banks is growing more and more. He will still see several schools before his planned June 18th commitment. Auburn and Florida State are heavily in the mix here, as are the Vols at this stage.
-VQ

Alabama defensive back Travaris Banks continues to make his way back to Knoxville. He has built a strong connection with multiple coaches at Tennessee to this point, including defensive coordinator Tim Banks. The standout prospect plans to take a mid-June official visit. In-state Auburn is showing him he is a priority, but today, this feels more like a Tennessee-Florida State battle. Tennessee is set to get the last visit before his planned June 18th commitment date.
-VQ

I was listening to John Chavis on Sports Talk last fall. Jimmy asked him how he liked to build a defense. He said to give him a pair of good pass rushers, and a pair of good corners and then he could build the rest around that. Sounds logical to me, and seems as if this strategy worked then, and will still work now.

I was listening to John Chavis on Sports Talk last fall. Jimmy asked him how he liked to build a defense. He said to give him a pair of good pass rushers, and a pair of good corners and then he could build the rest around that. Sounds logical to me, and seems as if this strategy worked then, and will still work now.

It definitely worked on 1st and 2nd down.

It’s worked for Bama for years

Reactions: norrislakevol
it would

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Pretty sure he’s Mississippi state bound but you do you.

Granted Forbes went 13th overall... But tasking Arnett with the head coaching job, no experience, would take him out of the position room or at a minimum greatly divide his time. Not the choice I would make, but perhaps I'm bias.

VN Store

Back