'19 AL CB Jaydon Hill

I fully expected Florida to lose to Kentucky.

I knew Florida was way overhyped. I knew Franks is awful. But you "fully expected" a team that had lost to Florida like 31 straight years to win? A team that had Florida beat last year but then didn't even cover a WR, which you don't even see in Pee-wee football, you expected to win? I didn't have more faith in Florida than you did. But I certainly had less faith in Kentucky than you did.

Reactions: kmkemp11
I knew Florida was way overhyped. I knew Franks is awful. But you "fully expected" a team that had lost to Florida like 31 straight years to win? A team that had Florida beat last year but then didn't even cover a WR, which you don't even see in Pee-wee football, you expected to win? I didn't have more faith in Florida than you did. But I certainly had less faith in Kentucky than you did.
Yes. Check my post history. More to do with Florida sucking than Kentucky being good.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Denny Mullins is the new Butch Jones

May have to give that role to Taggart. Mullen has shown in past he can coach. Taggart looks like the butch jones clone. Recruit and sell a lie. Don't know jack about coaching. FSU should not be struggling with the roster jimbo left. Everyone knows he only had a bad season last yr due to losing his QB game 1

Denny Mullins is the new Butch Jones

Let's not get carried away. I thoroughly enjoyed the looks on gator fans' faces at the end of that game, but Mullen has a big challenge in front of him, same as Pruitt, in washing the stank of the previous culture off his team. He has OL problems that are still continuing from last season, and a QB who doesn't seem to make good decisions. (see that failed 2-pt conversion attempt where he looked off a wide-open receiver in the EZ to turn and throw back across his body to the other side of the EZ to a covered WR)

This is why it was better to open against a top 25 team than an FCS opponent. UT got its weaknesses exposed in Week 1. Franks looked so comfortable against a high school team in Week 1 that gator fans and media alike thought the QB Whisperer had performed his first QB miracle in his first offseason and the gators were back. But then they played a team with a pulse and reality happened. But it's way too early to make comparisons to Butch. Mullen is a good coach, and a far superior coach to Butch. But gator nation is expecting another Spurrier or Meyer, and it remains to be seen if Mullen can deliver on that. As we will with Pruitt, in Year 1, gator fans will have to pay less attention to wins and losses and focus on how players are developed, if the fundamentals improve over the sason, if the team plays tough, and is competitive, etc. Because at this point in the season, UT and UF may be fighting to not finish last in the East.

Tough, but we will win. I like the direction Pruitt is taking us, I believe we improve every week this year. First sign of this will be when we beat the gators this year.

What scares me is injury. We're thin as it is. If we have too many join Kennedy on the injury list, we'll be in for a world of hurt.

VN Store

Back