'21 AL CB Edwin White

Thank you for clarifying. Didn’t know that
I honestly don't know what to think, it seems like a really strange thing to be so gung-ho and just do a 180, so it is probably nothing...but so many kids these days do things that seem so stupid to me, and they do not often have, or make any sense to me.

I hope the kid sticks, I was/am looking forward to him being a VFL.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Whoa....where have u heard that Wilcoxson is shacky in his commitment? I haven’t read that anywhere.

He is *shaky.

I said this 2 days ago before all this hoopla happening today.

Anyway. Pruitt and Co are recruiting, getting interest and big commitments. Not this kid.
Or any other recruit.

At the end of the day...it's the coaches and usually the parents relationship that close the deal. Not some hype train.

Pruitt and Co have pulled in what I think are two Top 10 borderline top 5 classes in 2019 and 2020.

And he's going to continue to upgrade this awesome class. But this kid won't be a part of it....

He is *shaky.

I said this 2 days ago before all this hoopla happening today.

Anyway. Pruitt and Co are recruiting, getting interest and big commitments. Not this kid.
Or any other recruit.

At the end of the day...it's the coaches and usually the parents relationship that close the deal. Not some hype train.

Pruitt and Co have pulled in what I think are two Top 10 borderline top 5 classes in 2019 and 2020.

And he's going to continue to upgrade this awesome class. But this kid won't be a part of it....
LOL... dying on that hill.

This kid will give you everything he has no matter the outcome, Huge desire to be successful. Someone very close to him told me that his Biological family gave up on him and he was homeless, he was sneaking into the HS gym at night and sleeping. Adopted by a great family at the school. CTM and CDA talks with him all the time

Yes it is almost a another "Blindside" story, be surprised he gets a GIT.

This kid will give you everything he has no matter the outcome, Huge desire to be successful. Someone very close to him told me that his Biological family gave up on him and he was homeless, he was sneaking into the HS gym at night and sleeping. Adopted by a great family at the school. CTM and CDA talks with him all the time

Yes it is almost a another "Blindside" story, be surprised he gets a GIT.
maybe PWO if push comes to shove?

good story.

maybe PWO if push comes to shove?

good story.
Maybe. He’s got offers from Coastal Carolina, Arkansas St, Central Michigan, Georgia St. I could see him maybe taking a PWO over those schools.

If he has legit offers from Ole Miss & Miss St, and they are willing to take him, I can’t see him accepting a PWO elsewhere.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
If he has legit offers from Ole Miss & Miss St, and they are willing to take him, I can’t see him accepting a PWO elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he is a keeper.

If he has legit offers from Ole Miss & Miss St, and they are willing to take him, I can’t see him accepting a PWO elsewhere.

Or maybe he is a keeper.[/QUOTE]
Maybe. Maybe not.

This class will take a few turns before it is etched in stone.

he is a keeper. one of coaches' favorite kids in class

Yeah, several posters have mentioned him as a git candidate. A couple of months ago, I would have agreed. But now I think he sticks. He seems active on social media, liking tweets and such when people commit or say something positive about UT. Nothing suggests the staff has waivered on him.

I haven’t watched much film on him yet. Does he project as a corner, nickel, or is he just an athlete that the staff will move him to where they see he fits best?

I haven’t watched much film on him yet. Does he project as a corner, nickel, or is he just an athlete that the staff will move him to where they see he fits best?

I am in no way a talent evaluator, but I thought he was a safety.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
I think people usually just look at the site rankings and stars and pick a couple guys with so so numbers and assume they're going to be first on the chopping block, but truly we don't know squat about that. A lot of people assume this guy and Roc Taylor were first to go but it turns out both of them are part of Pruitt's master plan. That's why I try not to say one guy or another is being recruited over. You never really know and plus it's kind of rude. I fully trust Pruitt and co. We gon be good.

Frame: Compact and developed. Above-average width across upper body. Long, muscled arms. A bit high waisted. Powerful, tightly-wound thighs and trunk. Room for more weight, but likely tops out around 210 pounds.

Athleticism: Good acceleration. Long-strider with above-average long speed. Adequate overall quickness and flexibility. Strong. Packs major punch as tackler. Natural ball skills.

Instincts: Advanced awareness in coverage. Reads quarterback’s eyes to pounce early as deep center fielder, resulting in interceptions and pass breakups. Effortlessly tracks ball in air. Hands catcher whose experience at receiver translates to defense. Aggressive flowing downhill in run support.

Polish: Fluid backpedal. Just as comfortable manning deep middle as attacking LOS as run defender. Big hitter, but not the most sound tackler. Shows patience as last line of defense in run support.

Bottom Line: White is a strong, fast and instinctive safety with the size and ball skills to play multiple roles for Tennessee. Should see the field early in sub packages as extra defensive back, eventually emerging as quality, versatile starter at either safety spot.

SI All-American Candidate Edwin White Highlights and Evaluation

VN Store

Back