'22 AL ATH Shemar James

Fingers

Shemar James, 2022 Athlete - Rivals.com

“Tennessee was definitely up there quick. If it wasn’t the first, it had to be second,” James said of schools who reached out to him on Tuesday. “I even heard from colleges I’ve never spoke to before like Virginia Tech, Colorado and some others.

“Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt, coach [Tee Martin] and [Director of Football Programming] Todd Watson all reached out to me pretty fast. They are on me hard”
James is a standout athlete for Faith Academy – starring on both sides of the football at wide receiver and defensive end. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound athlete has already found the end zone three times this year for the 3-0 Rams and will have options at the next level.

The Vols have told James he can play either wide receiver or outside linebacker if he ultimately elects to come to Knoxville.
“Tennessee is on me hard. The coaching staff likes me and really wants me,” James said. “I continue to build the bond with coach Pruitt, Martin and Watson. They believe I can do it all and want me to choose where I want to play.

“I can tell they want to continue building this relationship – it really seems like they care. They ask about my family, my mom and stuff like that. I talk with multiple coaches on a weekly basis who are taking time out of their day just to talk to me and check up on my family.”
e.cain

Just moved up 267 spots to 109 overall on 247. Of course Pruitt offered then other schools started to. He always finds them first lol

All of the top 10 players in the state of Alabama have Bama offers. Except one. Guess who that is. Shemar James. I guess Saban sucks at evaluating talent. Pruitt obviously is much better.

All of the top 10 players in the state of Alabama have Bama offers. Except one. Guess who that is. Shemar James. I guess Saban sucks at evaluating talent. Pruitt obviously is much better.

I don’t think Caden Story has a Bama offer

So many posters on here just post without context. Do you believe that bc Bama hasn’t offered that 1) they won’t and/or 2) they’re not good enough to play at Bama?

Just for some context, see below.

We offered (247 rankings):

#1 Jeremiah Alexander before Bama
#3 Khurtis Perry before Bama
#4 Trequon Fegans before Bama
#6 Justice Finkley before Bama
#7 Riley Quick before Bama***
#8 TJ Dudley before Bama
#9 Caden Story before Bama***
#10 Tanner Bailey before Bama
#11 Shemar James before Bama***

*** denotes player not showing Bama offer

So many posters on here just post without context. Do you believe that bc Bama hasn’t offered that 1) they won’t and/or 2) they’re not good enough to play at Bama?

#8 TJ Dudley before Bama

giphy.gif

#8 TJ Dudley before Bama

8AB6A5EA-EBFC-4D41-A40F-167CBC6416B0.gif

#8 TJ Dudley before Bama

This guy may blow up in recruiting and turn out to be a stud. Bama and OSU and other big time programs may offer him. And if they do? Thats awesome. I watched his mid season highlights and dude looks good. I am just saying that right now he doesn't have those big offers. Its still early and a lot can happen.

This guy may blow up in recruiting and turn out to be a stud. Bama and OSU and other big time programs may offer him. And if they do? Thats awesome. I watched his mid season highlights and dude looks good. I am just saying that right now he doesn't have those big offers. Its still early and a lot can happen.

So you would prefer we wait and offer kids once all the other big time programs offer?

Seems like a smart move............................

lol
SeriousMilkyCurlew-small.gif

“Tennessee is talking to me every day,” James said. With that he’s excited about the Vols, who were also the first school to offer.

“As of right now I see that they’re trying to rebuild recruiting wise and get a better team. I just want to be part of that journey, their rebuilding journey. I feel like so far they’re a pretty good team.

“The coaching staff, Coach (Derrick) Ansley, Coach Tee Martin, Coach (Todd) Watson and Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt are building a relationship with me and trying to make me feel as comfortable as possible. They’ve been showing me around campus with virtual visits and stuff like that.”

”I just want to be part of that journey, their rebuilding journey” Hmmm, sounds like a commit

VN Store

Back