‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Honestly don’t think this is even remotely close to being an issue with recruiting.
It is a much bigger issue than some are aware of. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t come up constantly in negative recruiting. Coaches have been telling kids Tennessee could be hit with major violations and major punishment. Now a lot of kids can figure out this isn’t right or it’s being embellished but some eliminate you as an option right out the gate. Be better once punishment comes down than the unknown right now. Also I would say not much punishment gets handed out by NOA but it’s a factor and it’s definitely a negative factor.

It is a much bigger issue than some are aware of. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t come up constantly in negative recruiting. Coaches have been telling kids Tennessee could be hit with major violations and major punishment. Now a lot of kids can figure out this isn’t right or it’s being embellished but some eliminate you as an option right out the gate. Be better once punishment comes down than the unknown right now. Also I would say not much punishment gets handed out by NOA but it’s a factor and it’s definitely a negative factor.
Anyone not thinking so is ignorant to the process. Recruiting is cut throat and we are not protected right now.

These schools negatively recruiting against us are the same ones guilty for the exact same thing we’re being punished for.

Those coaches pointing fingers at us are huge hypocrites

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Anyone not thinking so is ignorant to the process. Recruiting is cut throat and we are not protected right now.
Yep. A few different things start us behind the eight ball.

“Tennessee? Why would you take a risk with your college career by going there? They have a new coach every three years. They have an investigation going on with several major violations, why would you risk that? They have a history of players not being developed and getting to the league.”

This is some of the crap being thrown out, right out the gate. People forget a lot of these coaches have been seeing these kids for a few years and been talking to these high school programs as well. Heupel has some issues to overcome and he can do that by putting together another solid year and getting some guys in the league. The investigation will take care of itself imo; it’s done far more damage being an unknown than it will when punishment comes down.

These schools negatively recruiting against us are the same ones guilty for the exact same thing we’re being punished for.

Those coaches pointing fingers at us are huge hypocrites
Oh you’re preaching to the choir. I absolutely agree with you. That said the recruiting process is absolutely overwhelming for some kids and their families, you just don’t want to start out having a lot against you right away. Some ppl are gullible, look at Marrow using the race card for years on kids and their families.

It sucks not to land Gibson but I guess the silver lining is it validates this staffs ability to evaluate. Back when he was a low 3 star, we were recruiting him.

And if Georgia hadn’t come in and pursued him, he probably would’ve remained a 3*, UT lands him, and fans complain. But he’s the same player either way.

Ehh… I think it’s more so our scheme not matching the NFL and a few weak recruiters on the staff. If we win 9 we should be ok
And yet Oklahoma...Clemson...OSU...mostly Alabama use similar spread formations and utilizing tempo.

The best teams of the last decade.

It's not like we're comparing '12 Oregon to '09 Bama. Nor is it like we're running the triple option 🤣

Yep. A few different things start us behind the eight ball.

“Tennessee? Why would you take a risk with your college career by going there? They have a new coach every three years. They have an investigation going on with several major violations, why would you risk that? They have a history of players not being developed and getting to the league.”

This is some of the crap being thrown out, right out the gate. People forget a lot of these coaches have been seeing these kids for a few years and been talking to these high school programs as well. Heupel has some issues to overcome and he can do that by putting together another solid year and getting some guys in the league. The investigation will take care of itself imo; it’s done far more damage being an unknown than it will when punishment comes down.
That’s punishment enough a lot of times just waiting for them to render a decision. That’s why I hope the NCAA meant what it said when they talked about trying to punish the folks that were involved instead of dragging down a university years after the people involved are long gone. That and the fact we turned ourselves in and acted quickly. GBO!

Yep, I really wish we were still running pro with 2 5* offensive tackles and unable to score points. Wasn't 2020 wonderful?
Pro style can score points, all spread offenses don’t guarantee points. Versions of both can win. Georgia scores plenty of points last year. Good coaching means a lot along with committed players.GBO!

VN Store

Back