‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Geez!
I watched his film.

He looked good, but I didn't see that kind of athlete!!

Recruiting is crazy like that sometimes.
Kid must of have been puting in some HARDWORK!

If you were curious about Willie Martinez’s ability to evaluate talent…

TBD if this shakes up his recruitment. Before today it seemed like a “Vols lead heading into Arkansas OV” deal but we’ll see if that offer changes things.

Btw he ran a 4.3 and snapped a 40” vert at their camp…
Them having Conyer ahead of this guy on their board gives me less confidence in their evaluation not more

Reactions: Volinnooga
Would you not agree that his “tape” is more impressive than Conyer’s and that it’s against better competition. Plus he’s being targeted by better programs which is usually an indicator that he’s a better player. Plus he runs a 4.3 and has a 40 inch vertical

maybe……but I also know for a fact that sometimes ”bigger schools” offer kids they have zero desire to ever sign.

Usually not this late into the recruiting cycle and apparently Georgia is pushing for him really hard right now
Because he camped with them.
They weren't before.

If you look at his film, you do not see 4.38 40 or 41 inch vertical type athlete.

But evidently he is that type of athlete now.

Because he camped with them.
They weren't before.

If you look at his film, you do not see 4.38 40 or 41 inch vertical type athlete.

But evidently he is that type of athlete now.
I’m saying teams don’t offer someone this late in the recruiting cycle they don’t plan on signing like peaygolf suggested

Literally nobody is saying they’re pushing hard for him. Nice offer but it’s a UT Arkansas battle.
I’m pretty sure a poster on here “in the know” said we had a better shot at landing Jackson or Matthews than him because Georgia is recruiting him hard right now. Either way just by watching Gibson and Conyer’s highlights it’s pretty obvious who the better corner is in my opinion

I’m pretty sure a poster on here “in the know” said we had a better shot at landing Jackson or Matthews than him because Georgia is recruiting him hard right now. Either way just by watching Gibson and Conyer’s highlights it’s pretty obvious who the better corner is in my opinion
both of their highlight tapes leave a lot to be desired imo.
They are true 3 stars from their tapes. however, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. I thought Jalen Ramsey was a 3 star AFTER his junior year... Then he had a monster senior year, and one of the best track and field seasons in the history of Tennessee. There was no doubt he was a superior athlete and football player. A true 5 star.

Conyers has a good body for CB. He never gets beat. Gibson is the same. I don't see a dangerous return man from Gibson after an Int, but ...they still have their biggest year of high school left to play.
I think we have to get one of them if not both!

Reactions: Glitch and bigl3327
I’m saying teams don’t offer someone this late in the recruiting cycle they don’t plan on signing like peaygolf suggested

That’s just not true. They offer kids they aren’t ready to take now so that if they have to circle back later they aren’t starting from scratch and the prospect isn’t saying “why are you just offering me now?”

To be clear I think Gibson is a heckuva prospect based on his size and his verified speed/athleticism. And Georgia offering at all, regardless of if they’re ready to take him right now or not, is IMO a good sign for any defensive prospect and especially a DB.

But they offered because he camped and earned it, and they and Bama basically make everyone do that regardless of ranking. For whatever reason, Conyer didn’t camp there so he wasn’t ever going to get an offer from them. Doesn’t mean he’s less of a prospect.

VN Store

Back