‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Take your issue up with NFL.com then. They list Hill as West Alabama, Kupp as E Washington, and Adams as Fresno St. Is NFL.com wrong?
Tyreek Hill was Oklahoma State. Hill was an all conference player at Oklahoma State before transferring back to the juco level at West Alabama. Eastern Washington and Fresno State are D1

Reactions: Vol8188
Tyreek Hill was Oklahoma State. Hill was an all conference player at Oklahoma State before transferring back to the juco level at West Alabama. Eastern Washington and Fresno State are D1
I thought EWU was D2 but it might be FCS. Neither is P-5.

The main question was whether draft position or round predicts success. I believe these were 3rd/4th round guys, right?

It wasn’t so much a transfer as it was he got kicked off the OSU team for beating up and choking his pregnant girlfriend. Then he landed at UWA after his dismissal.

I agree completely and give Heupel and crew a ton of credit. We just watched JG flounder for 4 years while two coaches refused to change because he was the best in practice. To their credit, they saw a guy who was not translating performance from practice to game and made a change.
Yes and Hendon ran with it and improved greatly. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: sjt18
Rickey Gibson left Georgia feeling like a top priority for the Bulldogs

Not a member of On3 but the title of this article and the immediate rankings bump pretty much says it all. Really sucks cause Georgia is loaded at corner. Signed 4 top 20 corners last class including 2 five stars and have another 3 committed this class including a five star.

This is the kind of player you keep recruiting though cause he could very well end up in the portal in a couple of years if he gets buried on the depth chart.

Not a member of On3 but the title of this article and the immediate rankings bump pretty much says it all. Really sucks cause Georgia is loaded at corner. Signed 4 top 20 corners last class including 2 five stars and have another 3 committed this class including a five star.

This is the kind of player you keep recruiting though cause he could very well end up in the portal in a couple of years if he gets buried on the depth chart.
classes can oversign, Kirby just keeping him from going to TN.

classes can oversign, Kirby just keeping him from going to TN.
Exactly. At this point Saban and Kirby are playing keep away. It's going to get tough for us to land quality players going forward. The riches the mutts have landed at CB this and last year is crazy. They're going to be able to rotate corners more than they do their DL.

Exactly. At this point Saban and Kirby are playing keep away. It's going to get tough for us to land quality players going forward. The riches the mutts have landed at CB this and last year is crazy. They're going to be able to rotate corners more than they do their DL.[/QUOTE Vol rcvrs have matched up well to mutt corners, Jesse Palmer and Tillman, both 2/3 stars

Because star rankings are science!
FW1l.gif

That article almost guarantees that it's not going to be Georgia. Simmons used to write for a UGA site and must've had a bad experience. If he writes something that sounds positive for UGA, it's probably misdirection.

Take your issue up with NFL.com then. They list Hill as West Alabama, Kupp as E Washington, and Adams as Fresno St. Is NFL.com wrong?

Yes. NFL.com is wrong. Tyreek Hill was a Tennessee/Oklahoma St recruiting battle. Why can't you admit when you're wrong?

I agree completely and give Heupel and crew a ton of credit. We just watched JG flounder for 4 years while two coaches refused to change because he was the best in practice. To their credit, they saw a guy who was not translating performance from practice to game and made a change.

You seem to believe everything you hear. Ever considered they refused to change because he was the best option? Maurer and Shrout aren't tearing it up anywhere to my knowledge

You seem to believe everything you hear. Ever considered they refused to change because he was the best option? Maurer and Shrout aren't tearing it up anywhere to my knowledge
What I hear? We all witnessed JG. Only those in denial think he shouldn't have been replaced. Presenting Maurer and Shrout as a fallacy of limited alternatives doesn't change the fact that JG was terrible... consistently terrible in games. By pretty much every account I've ever seen... he was "clearly the best" in practice. There are players who just can't translate practice to gameday. Unfortunately that appears to be him.

Yes. NFL.com is wrong. Tyreek Hill was a Tennessee/Oklahoma St recruiting battle. Why can't you admit when you're wrong?
I'm not the one who put the other school on his NFL profile. My "mistake" was going off what they listed.

VN Store

Back