'20 AL ATH Eric Shaw (uscjr commit)

Only official to USCe... Gotta think that's the play here right?

B9A33439-2398-45E0-AAA6-74D1BA006A3B.jpeg

We were his last visit. Might be heading to uscjr but I think he might be a vol.

Last I checked we were looking at him at TE. If he doesn’t commit here Thursday, could be a good thing because it could mean the staff didn’t recruit him hard due to high confidence in landing either Gilbert or Washington

Reactions: tnhunter 10
No chance he is a DB. 6’5 230-240 isn’t a DB. TE or Jack.
You and the other poster are right: Vols are looking at him as a TE. I forgot he said so in an interview back after one of his visits in June. He said then that Chaney and the offensive coaches like him on the offensive side of the ball. Apparently now most teams are looking at him on offense.

I bet dude takes his officials even after he commits. Could be a great option if we whiff on Washington.
I feel pretty good on Washington. I see no way Georgia lands him and Gilbert and even less likely if they land that big TE from up north. Alabama I feel like is our main competition and I think we overcome them in this one.

I feel pretty good on Washington. I see no way Georgia lands him and Gilbert and even less likely if they land that big TE from up north. Alabama I feel like is our main competition and I think we overcome them in this one.
I think that whole blue chip TE situation is gonna depend significantly on this season. UT, UGA, Bama all with “new” OCs this year that need to sell these guys on scheme. I don’t follow Bama or Georgia closely enough to know what’s anticipated from them, but from a distance it seems like UGA = a lot of run blocking, and Bama = fewer touches. I like our chances with Chaney and DWA to make UT a very attractive fit for pass catching TEs.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
i'll take all the 6'5", 240lb dudes we can get. LB, Star, DE, RB, TE...........pick a position.

Yeah, especially considering he's a multi-sport star. Plus the added benefit of "stealing" him from uscjr (i hate that team with a passion)

Reactions: jakez4ut
Why not take two TEs in this class? If they have the room, I think it would be a good move for UT to do so.
how many true TE's do we really need? we got 2 in the last cycle, get one this cycle, and do we really need a 4th?

how many true TE's do we really need? we got 2 in the last cycle, get one this cycle, and do we really need a 4th?
Yep. Still not convinced Sean Brown stays at TE. DWA is gone after this year, and both Pope and Craig are gone after 2020. Not saying it's a huge need, but it wouldn't be bad if they took two TEs in the 2020 class.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

VN Store

Back