'20 AL ATH Eric Shaw (uscjr commit)

CDN is the new thing.

CBN is proving to be really interesting for anti-anxiety research, and there are endurance athletes who swear by gelcaps that include high concentration CBD and CBN. Ben Greenfield has lots of interesting data around the use of medical cannabis among endurance athletes.

Reactions: T Dog
I don’t remember hearing about this guy Ron. What’s the story here? He a priority?
Good question. Looks like he’s visited a couple times this summer and Pruitt wants him at TE. Track star in hurdles and high jump so I can see why they would want him as a pass catching TE. Tall athletic kid, add some weight in S&C and let him roll.

Good question. Looks like he’s visited a couple times this summer and Pruitt wants him at TE. Track star in hurdles and high jump so I can see why they would want him as a pass catching TE. Tall athletic kid, add some weight in S&C and let him roll.
Would be a good consolation if we don’t land Gilbert or Washington. Or a good 2nd TE

Does he play volleyball?

Reactions: drvenner
Eric Shaw is less than a week into his senior year, and between now and his first game (August 22), he could place his name on some school's commitment list.

On July 19, the 6-foot-5, 205 pound athlete out of Notasulga (Ala.) Reeltown named his top seven schools. Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&Mmade that cut.

Shaw is not ready to publicly name one of those schools as his favorite, but in private, one, maybe two has started to pull away.

"There is one school in my mind a lot right now with another right there," said Shaw. "I have been talking to my folks about it a lot and praying about it, so I feel I am getting serious about committing.

"I have not ruled any school out or officially cut my list down, but I do have a couple of schools on top in my mind. I am going to keep talking about it, but I feel like I am getting down to the wire.

"It could happen before my first game. I just want to make sure I am ready first though."

Over the summer, Shaw spent time at Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M. He is regular contact with almost each school on his list, with head coaches Gus Malzahn, Will Muschamp and Jeremy Pruitt involved for the Tigers, Gamecocks and Volunteers.

There are some common factors when talking Shaw's favorites. A lot offer the same things.

"It has really come down to how a school recruits me, how they want to use me and how I fit in. Most of the schools on my list want me as a tight end, so I look at how they use them, if they split the tight end out and things like that."

The environment is important too. That is what has helped those schools pull ahead.

"I have visited a lot of schools and the vibe on campus has helped two schools take the lead," said Shaw. "There is no bad choice with the schools that want me, so I to find the things that separate one school.

"A couple of schools have really made me feel at home. How the coaches have made me feel really makes them stand out."

Shaw said the odds of him committing in August are "pretty high".

- Chad Simmons

Heard nothing about this guy going anywhere, so might as well be us!

Big time Nied. Can see him Gronking some people down the road.

VN Store

Back