'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Can an athlete take an official visit in football then take an official in basketball on a different weekend?
Yes, but the official visits in basketball are considerably less than football, of course. So visits are at a premium in basketball and they would make time for Barnes and company on his football visit. Unless he was like an instant impact kid in both sports it would be illogical. Still, if u really wanted to go all out for the kid, it would be borderline genius, imo

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
No. Not really.
Feelins hurt or you always this cranky?

Hope can be a tool of self-deception.
False hope is a hope that has no meaningful basis in reality. ... Such excessively aspirational hope isn't only irrational, it's also imprudent and can at times be dangerous.

Now that may not be the case here, but I was just quoting the Boondocks cause I think of it when people mention hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: justwatch123
This doesn’t happen often but I agree entirely with BGS. I think the staff feels really good about where they are with Dee and so do I. Velus is jist a pleasant palate cleanser with the meal that this crop of receivers in this recruiting class. Speed, speed, speed. Dee would add some serious size to a stupid fast room of ball catchers. Doesn’t hurt he looks sharp in that Pantone 151. Vol til he ain’t

This doesn’t happen often but I agree entirely with BGS. I think the staff feels really good about where they are with Dee and so do I. Velus is jist a pleasant palate cleanser with the meal that this crop of receivers in this recruiting class. Speed, speed, speed. Dee would add some serious size to a stupid fast room of ball catchers. Doesn’t hurt he looks sharp in that Pantone 151. Vol til he ain’t
What has the staff said that makes you think they feel good about landing this kid?

Reactions: Kristy*
Feelins hurt or you always this cranky?
Nope. You?

Hope can be a tool of self-deception.
Can be... not "is".
False hope is a hope that has no meaningful basis in reality. ... Such excessively aspirational hope isn't only irrational, it's also imprudent and can at times be dangerous.
Of course. Just like hopelessness can be unreasonable and dangerous. Hope in and of itself is not "irrational".

Now that may not be the case here, but I was just quoting the Boondocks cause I think of it when people mention hope.
In general, I "hope for the best" understanding there's a range of possible outcomes with some being bad. But I don't think I could be prepared without hope.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Otha and Cecil didn't. Santos was pretty much Colton Jumper I think
True. Yet the sky fell on this board when they chose another school... The infallible star ranking system said that UT missed blue chips.

IIRC, one of Santos' reasons for not being a Vol was the fear he wouldn't be allowed to play LB. Texas almost immediately moved him to DL.

I know 6’5” is extremely tall for rb, but does this guy remind anyone else of a high school Derek Henry the way he runs?

VN Store

Back