'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

This kid will likely be a Corderrelle Patterson type player. I wouldn’t label him under tight end. Shouldn’t have much effect on Washington IMO.

This kid will likely be a Corderrelle Patterson type player. I wouldn’t label him under tight end. Shouldn’t have much effect on Washington IMO.

Doubtful IMO. This guy may be a great athlete and "fast," but he is nowhere near as fast as CP. Based on reported 100m times, CP was a good full second faster, which is a ton. Hope we sign this guy though as his size and athleticism could make him a better overall player in the long run.

He's a big WR.

Which is different from a Flexed TE or receiver TE.

This dude will be 6'5" 225 catching quick slants and hitches, not just shallow drag routes or seem routes.

He can run through tackles or shake the defender. Red zone no one will be able to jump with him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Doubtful IMO. This guy may be a great athlete and "fast," but he is nowhere near as fast as CP. Based on reported 100m times, CP was a good full second faster, which is a ton. Hope we sign this guy though as his size and athleticism could make him a better overall player in the long run.
I've never seen anyone catch CP from behind.

My apologies. Didn’t mean to make a direct comparison to CP. Meant more to distinguish my opinion on him not being a main role TE. CP was a freak of nature.

Why is he even waiting? His bro already committed here. Makes me think waiting on a basketball offer that stands on it own or for bama etc to come
Calling

that's the thing, it's not dragging out. he was always announcing on Jan 2nd. I'd put money on the school he is going to already knows

Supposedly he is visiting Ole Miss in January, and if that is the case then he is at least open to other schools imho

So the small victory was getting Washington to sign in February. Now to work on both Washington and Beckwith for Chaney’s TE/playmaker spot. Hopefully we can get one of these guys. I know popular opinion resides with Washington, but I think both of these guys have the NFL toolkit. It’s just does Dee want it?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Why is he even waiting? His bro already committed here. Makes me think waiting on a basketball offer that stands on it own or for bama etc to come
Calling
Exactly what he's waiting for. His dream is basketball but his reality is football. Alabama is probably out as they have pretty much filled their board and are taking a kicker this class with their last scholarship.

He's a big WR.

Which is different from a Flexed TE or receiver TE.

This dude will be 6'5" 225 catching quick slants and hitches, not just shallow drag routes or seem routes.

He can run through tackles or shake the defender. Red zone no one will be able to jump with him.
He's a bigger faster stronger version of JJ I feel.

Any updates on this guy? You seem to be the most connected to both Beckwiths and I would be thrilled to have them both. You earlier indicated that the one who accepted a PWO to us would follow Dee wherever he went.... that still in play? It seems to me that the staff has targeted more athletes with high potential rather than polished ball players this year than they normally do. Always a risk, but does have potential for real reward in the long run...
We're in a good position right now. It'll be interesting to see if Ole Miss keeps their offer on the table for both Dee and his brother and if that effects any change in his decision.

VN Store

Back