'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

We spoke with Dee, his father and brother the other day. Ole Miss offered them a package deal even though his brother is probably not a D1 prospect. He is wanting to visit Texas A&M and still holding out for an offer from Alabama. He really does love basketball, alot more than football, and probably still holding out hope he gets a good offer there. He also realizes how many more opportunities he'll have playing football. He loves UT and CJP and I believe we are still the leader in the clubhouse. If A&M offers AND they let him play basketball I believe he would take it. If Bama offers I believe he would take it. If neither offers and he doesn't get a power5 basketball offer I believe he'll end up in Knoxville. He's a big, fast good looking athlete and a good kid, I hope we get him!

Package deal for both brothers and the father? Sounds like something only Mullen would do.

VQ said if he got a legit basketball offer then he would choose basketball. Doubt the offer is legit/commit-able though...
His scholarship money is going to come from football most likely but he's starting to get interest from basketball programs. I still think he's ours to lose but this new Florida offer may change all of that as that's a pretty big offer getting to play both at a school like Florida. His offer list gets better every day it seems.

His scholarship money is going to come from football most likely but he's starting to get interest from basketball programs. I still think he's ours to lose but this new Florida offer may change all of that as that's a pretty big offer getting to play both at a school like Florida. His offer list gets better every day it seems.
You literally can’t play both sports. They overlap schedules.

Lol I just don't think his film is that impressive
He's pretty raw in football as he's focused mostly on his basketball up until recently. He's definitely got all the tools to play football in the SEC, pure athlete who will likely find the field early wherever he ends up. I think he's got a high ceiling and he's got the right attitude to reach it I believe.

If he plays any other sport along with football, he has to be on a football scholarship.

Yes you literally can. He's already had 2 SEC schools offer to allow him to do so. It's been done numerous times before. He just can't join the basketball team until football season ends.
It’s been done in the SEC or Power 5 conference in the last 20 years? I can’t recall it ever happening. Basketball teams only get 13 scholarships and teams are going to waste one for a guy that plays half the year and doesn’t even get to practice?

I’m sure he has gotten the offers, and they may be telling him what he wants to hear, but it just doesn’t sound practical.

It’s been done in the SEC or Power 5 conference in the last 20 years? I can’t recall it ever happening. Basketball teams only get 13 scholarships and teams are going to waste one for a guy that plays half the year and doesn’t even get to practice?

I’m sure he has gotten the offers, and they may be telling him what he wants to hear, but it just doesn’t sound practical.
He wouldn’t be on a Basketball scholarship. He would have to count against the highest revenue sport, which would be Football.

He’s not sec caliber for basketball.
It's debatable I feel. He's held his own on the basketball court against pretty tough competition during the last few summers. I could definitely see him getting minutes at the right situation. He's a freak athletically and he's a big dude as well. Definitely will get better offers in football but I believe he'll get some D1 basketball offers, just not sure it will be to an SEC team or power5 powerhouse.

VN Store

Back