'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Update
Football offers are coming in from seemingly everyone lately for Dee. He's also starting to get much more consideration for his basketball play as well. South Carolina has expressed interest in him playing both sports as have a couple more schools. Tennessee and South Carolina are definitely in play as of today, however, if Alabama or Texas A&M come with offers I think they'd be the favorites for his services. He's currently planning to visit A&M and Saban has not offered yet. Dee and his family really like Coach Pruitt and I wouldn't count us out in the end. FWIW he has more than 12 recent football offers and several new basketball interests since CJP was the 1st to offer him, he had zero at the time of the offer. He'll stay in the SEC and could possibly end up playing both basketball and football.

Update
Football offers are coming in from seemingly everyone lately for Dee. He's also starting to get much more consideration for his basketball play as well. South Carolina has expressed interest in him playing both sports as have a couple more schools. Tennessee and South Carolina are definitely in play as of today, however, if Alabama or Texas A&M come with offers I think they'd be the favorites for his services. He's currently planning to visit A&M and Saban has not offered yet. Dee and his family really like Coach Pruitt and I wouldn't count us out in the end. FWIW he has more than 12 recent football offers and several new basketball interests since CJP was the 1st to offer him, he had zero at the time of the offer. He'll stay in the SEC and could possibly end up playing both basketball and football.
Has he stated that AL and A&M would be his favorites if they offered, or is it just assumed that they would be for anyone including him?

Has he stated that AL and A&M would be his favorites if they offered, or is it just assumed that they would be for anyone including him?
Alabama is definitely his favorite school but Saban has not offered at this point. Every top prospect is considering A&M for whatever reasons these days. As of today the Vols probably lead for his services, I think that could change if he gets an offer from either bama or a&m. South Carolina offering him to play both basketball and football will be tough for us to overcome as well.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Alabama is definitely his favorite school but Saban has not offered at this point. Every top prospect is considering A&M for whatever reasons these days. As of today the Vols probably lead for his services, I think that could change if he gets an offer from either bama or a&m. South Carolina offering him to play both basketball and football will be tough for us to overcome as well.
A&M has a lot going for them. Their facilities are second to none and they have a pretty good staff in place.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
A&M has a lot going for them. Their facilities are second to none and they have a pretty good staff in place.
you can say the same about us.

the biggest difference between us and A&M is just the overall amount of disposable income they can access when needed. granted, that's a difference, but really, they have that on basically everyone outside a select few.

you can say the same about us.

the biggest difference between us and A&M is just the overall amount of disposable income they can access when needed. granted, that's a difference, but really, they have that on basically everyone outside a select few.
Fisher has won a national title. Pruitt is still unproven as a HC. I think he’s going to be good but you can’t say that for sure yet.

Reactions: Tenn-A-Key VoLFan
Fisher has won a national title. Pruitt is still unproven as a HC. I think he’s going to be good but you can’t say that for sure yet.

i didn't say that.

you said they had excellent facilities and a pretty good staff.

i said you can say the same about us.

i didn't say that.

you said they had excellent facilities and a pretty good staff.

i said you can say the same about us.
My mistake. Didn’t mean to put words in your mouth. Definitely Tennessee has elite facilities and an impressive staff.

Still we’re not quite as proven yet. I do think Pruitt will get there and I’m liking the direction he’s got us going in.

Reactions: vols72
My mistake. Didn’t mean to put words in your mouth. Definitely Tennessee has elite facilities and an impressive staff.

Still we’re not quite as proven yet. I do think Pruitt will get there and I’m liking the direction he’s got us going in.
it is what it is. our staff, as it's assembled right now is a very good staff.

that doesnt' mean we're going to reel off a bunch of championships like Bama. doesn't mean aTm will either. they've alwasy had great facilities and tons of money, and they were an average big 12 team. to date, they've been an average SEC team.

all that staff down there has proven is that they can pretty much dominate a clemsonless ACC.

all our staff has proven is to be good postiion coaches and coordinators.

everyone wants more than that. not everyone will get it.

One 2020 prospect not to sleep on is 3-star athlete Dee Beckwith. The 6-4, 215-pound Alabama native can play a slew of positions and Tennessee loves his versatility. Beckwith visited back in March for a spring practice. He has offers from Michigan, Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina (where he will OV at the end of May) and others, but Tennessee currently sits in a nice spot for the Florence star. One thing Tennessee will have to battle is Beckwith’s love of basketball. He plays on the AAU circuit in Atlanta and honestly would love to get a big offer on the court, which could take him off the gridiron.
—VQ

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tennessee1998
One day after a visit to Ole Miss, Florence, Alabama athlete Demarcus Beckwith was in Knoxville to see Tennessee again. This time he went through drills and worked out for the staff and got a good feel for being a Volunteer. "The people treated me like they were close to me already," Beckwith said. "I enjoyed that. It was good to go out and compete and just spend time with the staff." Beckwith spent time talking to Will Friend, who serves as his lead recruiter, Vol offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke. He loves that Tennessee's staff makes him a priority and they have a plan. "They show me how they want to use me," Beckwith said. "Just where they think I'll be a fit and how I'd be a versatile player on the team. They sat me down and explained all that to me. They like me playing all over the field. I like that they want to put the ball in my hands."
Beckwith has seen plenty of interest from schools like South Carolina, Ole Miss and several others from inside the conference. Tennessee has positioned themselves well and he has struggled to find anything wrong with Rocky Top in his most two recent visits. "I don't really see anything yet," Beckwith said. "Everything has been perfect. I just like how they treat me. They treat me like family and that's what stands out about Tennessee."
Beckwith is a two sport star for Florence as he shines on the basketball court as well as the football field. Truthfully basketball is his first love and if he had a chance to play power-5 basketball, it might very well trump football. Either way, the cousin of current Vol hooper Lamonte Turner feels like he can play both at a high level. "I've talked to Tennessee about both," Beckwith said. "Coach Pruitt told me that they want to have me talk to coach Barnes. There are some schools that want to give me a shot to do both. I think I can play both. I've done it long enough that I can keep doing it and help." And it's being a good teammate and being a leader that help Beckwith excel at both sports. "Leadership and how I carry myself," Beckwith said. "Just being around the other players and helping them both on and off the field. I get my work-ethic from my dad. He has always told me that I'm not going to be given anything that I have to work for it. I know what I'm capable of and I just have to go achieve it."
-Price

We've been positioned well with this young man for a long time. Just coming off a visit where the staff did all the right things.... I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled the trigger soon. Today even?

I mean, it's not May anymore.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I see this kid as an Eric grey. Great athlete but never really fits anywhere. But maybe the staff can develop him into something.

VN Store

Back