'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith

BigOrangeTrain

Coach Chaney was here in Florence last night watching Dee play against Muscle Shoals. They still have a strong interest in using him at running back.

Muscle Shoals' quarterback is committed to Nebraska and they have a linebacker who committed to Alabama. But Tennessee was here to watch Beckwith.
So the staff is looking at him as a RB?

PulaskiVolFan

Florida looks to be the favorite for Dee at this time I believe. With the opportunity to play WR for Mullen and also get to play on their basketball team is going to be tough for him to turn down. I think we are a close 2nd but we can offer early pt at the WR position which certainly helps. I think he's going to be a really good player wherever he ends up. He'll play WR I believe as he's long and fast.

ShoalCreekVol

Florida looks to be the favorite for Dee at this time I believe. With the opportunity to play WR for Mullen and also get to play on their basketball team is going to be tough for him to turn down. I think we are a close 2nd but we can offer early pt at the WR position which certainly helps. I think he's going to be a really good player wherever he ends up. He'll play WR I believe as he's long and fast.
Yeah from what I'm told the opportunity to at least attempt playing both sports is more important to this young man than most recruits. Florida knew what they were doing with that offer. I do believe, based on conversations with his coaches, that he really does genuinely like Tennessee. Just not sure if we'll get him.

ShoalCreekVol

I thought I read somewhere once that any football player who had a scholarship of any kind to the university automatically counted as a football scholarship. Wonder if that applies to basketball too? Assuming it's true. Too lazy to Google and read.

wtorange

He’s probably headed to Florida

Barnes isn’t gonna waste a scholly on a below average basketball player to help the football team like Mike White is
Anybody who plays football must be on fb scholarship. This is an sec rule ccreated by the Bear because he would get guys on bb scholarship and then they only played fb.

VN Store

Sponsors