'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Using my new 247 membership and asked about his weight and Callahan said it’s probably a basketball thing but the last weight Beckwith said was 215. I guess we’ll see in the summer.

And apparently he wasn’t recruited as a TE or WR or anything. Just get here and we’ll figure it out. I didn’t know just how much he did in high school.
Yeah they recruited him to literally Swiss Army knife it. A literal do it all kind of guy. I’ve been all in on him ever since we offered way back when. He had even said to the VQ guys that he had put on enough muscle that it had affected his shot for basketball. That’s a really good thing

Seriously though. How is anyone going to stop this kid?

Fade ball or goaline wildcat.
They won't be able to stop him

Reactions: Vol Main
Looking forward to spring ball...

It’s been kind of like fall practice in here...
We are tired of hitting each other I practice and are ready to go play some games...Let’s go find some Florida or Georgia fans to take it out on

Those are farm deer. Someone paid a small fortune for those deer....sad really
1, 2, 3, and 5 probably atleast have farm deer genetics. You can tell from all the drop tines and what not. A lot of West Texas Ranches are generations removed from inserting those genetics and still have bucks like that, that were born and raised wild. You can’t assume those deer were shot in a 100 x 100 fence like some believe from those photos.

However, it is obviously not the same “accomplishment” as shooting a big 140-150 class buck off of public land. I’d agree.

1, 2, 3, and 5 probably atleast have farm deer genetics. You can tell from all the drop tines and what not. A lot of West Texas Ranches are generations removed from inserting those genetics and still have bucks like that, that were born and raised wild. You can’t assume those deer were shot in a 100 x 100 fence like some believe from those photos.

However, it is obviously not the same “accomplishment” as shooting a big 140-150 class buck off of public land. I’d agree.
Used to lease farms in the Midwest and killed several 140+ and 2 Booners. However I’ve gone 90% public land now and it’s been very rewarding and successful if you put the time and work in.

Used to lease farms in the Midwest and killed several 140+ and 2 Booners. However I’ve gone 90% public land now and it’s been very rewarding and successful if you put the time and work in.
I’ve hunted a good bit of everything. Midwest leases, vast expanses of land in West Texas and Mexico, and ALOT of Tennessee Public Land. Public land bucks are by far the most rewarding. So much aggravation, time, and effort into harvesting a good one. It’s only for those of us that enjoy the hunt and not the kill.

I’ve hunted a good bit of everything. Midwest leases, vast expanses of land in West Texas and Mexico, and ALOT of Tennessee Public Land. Public land bucks are by far the most rewarding. So much aggravation, time, and effort into harvesting a good one. It’s only for those of us that enjoy the hunt and not the kill.
I am a big hunting advocate, but I have never understood the urge to harvest someones pet deer...

I knew guys that would pay thousands to go out west to sit in a blind where they told you to sit and shoot whichever deer you pick that walks by on their way to a feeder...that is lame.

I am a big hunting advocate, but I have never understood the urge to harvest someones pet deer...

I knew guys that would pay thousands to go out west to sit in a blind where they told you to sit and shoot whichever deer you pick that walks by on their way to a feeder...that is lame.
I usually agree, but I've got an opportunity to hunt russian boar in October. I wouldnt ever have that opportunity without paying for it.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
I usually agree, but I've got an opportunity to hunt russian boar in October. I wouldnt ever have that opportunity without paying for it.
It’s definitely not a black and white situation. I have buddies that make their living guiding people hunting duck, deer, and fishing. All free range hunting for people that just don’t have the knowledge, resources, and/or time to put forth the required effort to hunt on their own. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Not a big fan of high fence hunting, but even that is gray. Some high fence areas are 100,000 plus acres. That’s bigger than a small county. So is it really shooting an animal in containment???

Hey man...I totally get that, and a lot of properties are nothing like the ones my old buddies went to. A lot of places operate nothing like the ones I was talking about. There is nothing wrong with hunting a well managed private property.

It’s definitely not a black and white situation. I have buddies that make their living guiding people hunting duck, deer, and fishing. All free range hunting for people that just don’t have the knowledge, resources, and/or time to put forth the required effort to hunt on their own. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Not a big fan of high fence hunting, but even that is gray. Some high fence areas are 100,000 plus acres. That’s bigger than a small county. So is it really shooting an animal in containment???
I 100% agree, and those are not the situations I was describing at all.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
If I call the police HERE, will they arrest someone THERE?

VN Store

Back