'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Can anyone explain how UF would have even been an option? A few minutes before his commit I noticed on UF’s 247 page they signed 24 in the early period, had 2 hard commits, and have 6 transfers. With all of the new rules 25 per cycle etc how can they accommodate that many?
@Jaws and @lawgator1 we would love to hear from you on this thread...😎
Florida 2020 Football Commits

I think the 25 per cycle is a mere suggestion. Teams routinely sign more than 25; A&M, Auburn, Penn State, North Carolina all signed more than 25 this year. Clemson signed 28 last year, Bama signed 27 last year.

So regarding Florida and Beckwith, I assume UF would have just signed over 25 had he wanted to be a Gator.

I think the 25 per cycle is a mere suggestion. Teams routinely sign more than 25; A&M, Auburn, Penn State, North Carolina all signed more than 25 this year. Clemson signed 28 last year, Bama signed 27 last year.

So regarding Florida and Beckwith, I assume UF would have just signed over 25 had he wanted to be a Gator.
Doesn’t it have to be an average of 25 over a two year period?

I’m adding in the 6 transfers which means they count towards 21? If so, Bad move or desperate for help now...

I suppose so, but the moving parts on this are beyond my math capabilities. Transfers in, transfers out, walk-ons put on scholarship, walk-ons taken off scholarship, kids committed but not signed, gray shirts, red shirts, pwo’s, etc. 🤯

Just trust the coaches to sign whatever they want.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Can anyone explain how UF would have even been an option? A few minutes before his commit I noticed on UF’s 247 page they signed 24 in the early period, had 2 hard commits, and have 6 transfers. With all of the new rules 25 per cycle etc how can they accommodate that many?
@Jaws and @lawgator1 we would love to hear from you on this thread...😎
Florida 2020 Football Commits
They had room to backcount AND some of those transfers you see are walkons, the same way you will see our Nebraska WR walkon on our page, they have a few of those.

They have a detailed post on their 247 board, if you really care.

No. It is 25 per class...but you have to keep up with 2 separate limits. Nearly impossible for even the team you follow. No chance you could make sense of another team's 2 limits you don't follow.

As an example, some said we could have taken up to 27 this class...we could turn around and take 25 next year (this is basically always the case, to at least be able to blueshirt your way up to 25). That would be a 26 average.

I’m adding in the 6 transfers which means they count towards 21? If so, Bad move or desperate for help now...
You can't blueshirt your way over 25 any longer due to the signing limit hard cap. You can backcount though...for each limit, which can make things very confusing.

For instance, I believe we can backcount SIGNING spots this year, since we only signed 24 last year (23 if we got Mcbride's spot back), BUT we cannot backcount initial counters, which is still the lone limit many follow.

Reactions: 99Vol
Still as much confusion on this board regarding the 25 counters as it was two years ago when I joined VN and made initial inquiries. I still do not understand it. So many different takes on the subject.

WTF... 🤣😂🤣

You can't blueshirt your way over 25 any longer due to the signing limit hard cap. You can backcount though...for each limit, which can make things very confusing.

For instance, I believe we can backcount SIGNING spots this year, since we only signed 24 last year (23 if we got Mcbride's spot back), BUT we cannot backcount initial counters, which is still the lone limit many follow.
Since you appear to be the numbers man, explain Florida's class to me. 23 signees + 6 transfers, and yet they expected more.

Still as much confusion on this board regarding the 25 counters as it was two years ago when I joined VN and made initial inquiries. I still do not understand it. So many different takes on the subject.
You can graycount if you're not an initial shirt. Otherwise, you have to be a preferred blueback to be counted for the following year. You can also get a full walk if you ride your counter.

Y'all are putting too much stock into how muscular people are. It's not a measure of "buffness".

It's much easier to have 5% body fat at age 17 or 18 than it is at age 30 or 40. You can be at 5% body fat as a 17 year old male and not look anything like those body builder pics. At age 35, it's very difficult to get under 12% body fat, but at age 17, if you're athletic and lean, you can be at 5% body fat pretty easily. Likewise, a 17 year old with 13% body fat could be out of shape, while a 40 year old with 13% body fat could be super-fit.

Here's a chart laying things out and this doesn't even include 16 - 17, which is what we're actually looking at.

View attachment 258058

Like I said ... I was at 5% body fat when I graduated high school and I didn't look like a body builder at all.
People in concentration camps have very low body fat, but are certainly not buff or athletic.

VN Store

Back