'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

I would rather have Wideman if only could get one of the two. That kid is insane. Both would be ridiculous
That may be true but that doesn't change the way he's been recruited by both schools. I'm certainly not a fan of Florida but I think it's crazy to believe that a kid would not be impressed if both football and basketball were showing interest. Regardless of what folks around here say, Mullen is a really good coach and his players seem to really like playing for the man, he's not the dud many on here like to believe.

A dud as a football coach? No but he’s goofy as heck.

I think Beckwith could be a Witten ir Gronk type of difference maker with our S&C...guys like that are far more valuable than a WR...Good WRs truly are a dime a dozen.
Agree completely, the thing about Dee though is that you just don't see many "thin" 235 lbs WRs that run a 4.5. His size, strength and speed at the WR position is different than anything we've ever had. Harper and Pickens would be the closest comparisons I think.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Agree completely, the thing about Dee though is that you just don't see many "thin" 235 lbs WRs that run a 4.5. His size, strength and speed at the WR position is different than anything we've ever had. Harper and Pickens would be the closest comparisons I think.

Neither were Dee's size...Pickens was 6'2 205

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Somebody is saying the exact same thing about Wideman in his thread as we speak.

At least you kinda know the guy, though.

That’s good. Did the rule change? Folklore indicates the NCAA had to make that rule because Bear Bryant was giving swimming scholarships to football players. I don’t know how much of that is true.
The rule didn't change. The rule is if you play football and any other sport, you count as a football scholarship. For exactly the reason you mentioned, Bear would give swimming and under water basket weaving scholarships to football players. So a student athlete that plays football and basketball counts as a football scholly.

It’s just your fandom coming out. Florida fans (and others around the SEC), think your coach looks like a big toe and can’t understand why recruits would like him. See how this works?

At any rate, regarding Beckwith, I actually agree with you, Tennessee is still very much in the picture with him according to a Gator insider I trust. I don’t claim the info as my own, just what I’ve read from a guy who’s right about 80-90% of the time.

I’d say UT at this point.
Maybe Gators dislike Pruitt. But as a majority he’s very respected.

The whole country cringes at Mullen and his herp infested wife.

Price said Evans likely announces next week. And Graham announced as new RB coach then also. Could be a monster week for UT.
So is Graham a foregone conclusion at this point? Haven’t heard much talk about it, at all, but he seems to be the name not synonymous with what talk there is. Wasn’t sure if that is wishful thinking, or not.

So is Graham a foregone conclusion at this point? Haven’t heard much talk about it, at all, but he seems to be the name not synonymous with what talk there is. Wasn’t sure if that is wishful thinking, or not.
Originally it was wishful thinking, maybe up to a week or so ago. But it has become much more legitimate since. A&M mod said he expects him at UT. I think it's just a matter of time now and would be more surprised if it did not happen.

It's not over yet as Coach Pruitt was 1st to offer and Dee really does like Pruitt a bunch. Little brother will still play a role although it won't make or break his decision. Barnes is 100% on DB being on the basketball team they just have not actively recruited Dee. I really believe he just likes the campus at Fl, the weather may play a role and the fact that Fl has shown him more love in basketball. South Carolina basketball also reached out but he's shown no interest in them lately even though they were 1st to offer to let him play both. Still some work to do academically as well and you never know how that will turn out. It stinks for the Vols if he ends up in putrid Gainesville, I personally believe that he's going to be a star wherever he goes but especially in Knoxville as we've just never had an athlete with his combo of size, strength, speed an charisma. Dee's a good kid, raised right and has a good head on his shoulders and tbh it's probably a tough decision for him in choosing between the 2, let's hope that he winds up in Knoxville but right now it's likely just hope. Pruitt is a closer and the main recruiter here so I'd give us a 35-45% shot still as FL doesn't lead by much, lots can happen in recruiting in a few short weeks. We're running out of room as well so that may play a role too.
Are you taking over the role of OD or trying to be OD jr ?

Reactions: Volfansince1980
Austin Price echoed that on Swain’s show this morning.

Seeing is believing. Not going with anything a recruit, service or insider says. Until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered/confirmed, I refuse to buy in.

USCjr has a big stink going on with Deon Sanders kid. They promised he’d get a “chance” to play baseball. They let him hit in the batting cage one time and said thanks but no thanks. The kid and Deon post all over social media about it, and the baseball coach comes back with something like this, “we decided he wouldn’t be able to help the baseball team and football wanted him full time. He’s on football scholarship so they should have full control”.

I’d be shocked if Beckwith or Wideman wind up playing two sports. Their is a reason those kids are only getting recruited by the big time schools for Football.

What reason?

Hada say that. Just joshing with you.

Last edited:
Maybe Gators dislike Pruitt. But as a majority he’s very respected.

The whole country cringes at Mullen and his herp infested wife.

I don’t dislike Pruitt, and I certainly respect him as a defensive coach.

I think the jury is still out on him as a head coach. 13-12 overall doesn’t convince me of anything yet. I was impressed by his back half of last season and how he won a whole bunch of 50/50 games.

This season and next will be critical in defining him. Does he stay around .500 or does he take a step towards elite?

I don’t dislike Pruitt, and I certainly respect him as a defensive coach.

I think the jury is still out on him as a head coach. 13-12 overall doesn’t convince me of anything yet. I was impressed by his back half of last season and how he won a whole bunch of 50/50 games.

This season and next will be critical in defining him. Does he stay around .500 or does he take a step towards elite?
Given the infusion of talent and growth in buy in, I don't know how he could stay at .500, honestly.

VN Store

Back