'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

So if I understand correctly, if he comes to UT and plays both sports he would only count as a scholarship athlete for the football team but not for the basketball team? If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me

So if I understand correctly, if he comes to UT and plays both sports he would only count as a scholarship athlete for the football team but not for the basketball team? If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me

I believe you are correct.

Reactions: Big Z
That is correct. Scholarship counts for football.

That’s how it works. No dual sport athlete has ever taken up multiple scholarships.

Vols lead now with the b-ball offer?
We've not talked to him since the bb offer from Barnes. Dee likes Coach Pruitt, I think more than any of the others, and we were 1st to offer, I think that means something to him as well. We have talked to his little brother this week who wants to go wherever Dee ends up, I'm sure all schools are going to let him walk on, some have offered him full scholarship (Ole Miss). I think we may be back in the lead with the bb offer added. If Alabama offers then that's where he will go. He's moving up their board and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up offering. He's ready physically to play right now I believe, he's got a chance to be really good I feel. I'll know more once they finish up with their playoffs. He'll go straight to basketball when football ends.

Tennessee upped the ante with Alabama athlete Dee Beckwith this week, extending a duel football-basketball scholarship. The Vols were the first Power 5 school to offer Beckwith a football scholarship, but Kentucky and Florida have recruited the Florence (Ala.) standout harder this fall, offering the opportunity to play hoops in college, too. Beckwith is a cousin of Lamonte Turner and did favor Tennessee early in the process. The latest development could give the Vols the edge down the stretch, especially with an official visit remaining as Beckwith was back in town unofficially last weekend.
-VQ

chess not checkers

FlusteredMellowAquaticleech-size_restricted.gif

This kid's film looked to be exclusively at wildcat QB. It may have already been talked about, but what are the thoughts about where he would fit in if we get him.

VN Store

Back